Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2021, 05:16 PM

19,880 posts, read 18,158,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by f4shionablecha0s View Post
My bachelors degree in financial economics, masters degree in predictive economics, and my vote for Biden would like to speak with you. lmao.
I voted for Biden as well, Ph.D Economics University of Chicago so most likely I win.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2021, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOverdog View Post
You misspelled 'definitely' as 'defiantly', hence the joke.
Oh, that's even more silly than I imagined. Thanks. I never would have imagined smart people would worry about such on an informal forum.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:15 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,538,178 times
Treetops in Euless accepts anti vaxxers, isn't Christian but is also not conservative.

Old 06-09-2021, 07:39 PM

121 posts, read 82,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I voted for Biden as well, Ph.D Economics University of Chicago so most likely I win.
“Never confuse education with intelligence, you can have a PhD and still be an idiot.”
Richard P. Feynman

I think Feynman wins ultimately.

Old 06-09-2021, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjyum View Post
“Never confuse education with intelligence, you can have a PhD and still be an idiot.”
Richard P. Feynman

I think Feynman wins ultimately.
The operative word in his funny little phrase is "can."

Anyway, ultimately it's just not true. It's impossible for a stupid/low IQ person to earn a Ph.D in anything (stupid/low IQ being the kindest possible substitute for idiot....for a long time in psychology idiot equaled IQ 0-25 or 30).

Old 06-10-2021, 09:43 AM

Quote:
The operative word in his funny little phrase is "can."

Anyway, ultimately it's just not true. It's impossible for a stupid/low IQ person to earn a Ph.D in anything (stupid/low IQ being the kindest possible substitute for idiot....for a long time in psychology idiot equaled IQ 0-25 or 30).
Impossible? no. Improbable? absolutely. Feynman scored a 124 on his IQ test btw and he was an incredible physicist.

Old 06-10-2021, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjyum View Post
Impossible? no. Improbable? absolutely. Feynman scored a 124 on his IQ test btw and he was an incredible physicist.
In any realistic sense - impossible.

I doubt Feynman's IQ was really 124 either. Feynman logged the highest score in the country, apparently by a lot and apparently he took the exam almost cold, on the Putnam Math Exam one year and apparently he still holds the all time high score(s) across graduate math admissions exams at Princeton. Neither indicates an IQ of 124.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...inding-another

Old 06-10-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
In any realistic sense - impossible.

I doubt Feynman's IQ was really 124 either. Feynman logged the highest score in the country, apparently by a lot and apparently he took the exam almost cold, on the Putnam Math Exam one year and apparently he still holds the all time high score(s) across graduate math admissions exams at Princeton. Neither indicates an IQ of 124.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...inding-another
Yep, I saw that as well. Crazy how high that number is on the math exam. What I was getting at in my previous post is that his IQ test was 124 possibly because it didn't focus on the math/science portion which Feynman was excellent at obviously. I didn't score as high as I thought I would on an IQ test too early on in my schooling yet was able to get under grad and graduate degrees in Mathematics...ultimately got a JD degree after but that's a story for a different day lol.

Old 06-11-2021, 11:51 AM

2,515 posts, read 2,223,585 times
My husband has gotten wildly different scores on IQ tests depending on how he felt that day, how the tests were administered, and which test he took. I don't put a lot of faith in one test telling the whole picture. I prefer Gardner's theory of Mulitple Intelligences.

Old 06-11-2021, 05:34 PM

1,173 posts, read 1,086,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
It's funny how quickly freeloading on immunity has become a "conservative" thing. They'll* gripe about people freeloading in every other circumstance, but they're perfectly okay with skipping a vaccine while relying on other people getting vaccines to keep them safe.

*I'm referring specifically to the new breed of Q-guzzling, OANN-watching, consipiracy-believing "conservative" that bears little resemblance to thoughtful conservative idealogues.....not conservatives in general.
I get especially incensed at this special brand of ignorance.

As someone who was fortunate enough to have been raised in a third world country for a substantial period and has had Chickenpox, Measles, Malaria, and lord knows what else ( initially I was sick a lot) and have seen Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Diptheria, and tuberculosis in people in knew personally and a ridiculous number dying from TB and Malaria(which for some reason still has no vaccine)hyper priviviledged, hyper ignorant, undereducated idiots spewing all manner of nonesense about vaccines and how they work get on my last available nerve. I cannot have anything less than a heated conversation about it.

My take is that people on either side of the political spectrum ( or spectacle, depending on who you ask) that want to object have the right to do so…and we have the right to not offer them any protection. They should feel free to form their own societies far away from the rest of us and build their immunity naturally … by burying each other in droves.

End rant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas