Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2021, 08:07 PM

501 posts, read 1,465,101 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordata View Post
How do you move your voter registration? In my experience you just choose which party you are voting for at each primary, there is nothing in your voter registration about party affiliation, but there is documentation about which primary you voted in.

Wonder the same thing.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2021, 09:01 AM

1,206 posts, read 1,540,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
Wonder the same thing.
OMG I misspoke- have you ever partially misunderstood something? I'm sorry I'm not an expert in how every single step of the process works

Old 10-22-2022, 12:56 PM

4 posts, read 6,456 times
Default Alcuin doesn't require vaccines?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
This report is a few years old, but these are area private schools with more than 10% of 7th graders unvaccinated. I’ve never heard of 14 of the 16 schools on this list - my guess is you are wading deep into schools that put a high priority on extreme Conservative / Christian worldview and less emphasis on traditional academics, but it at least gives you a jumping off point to make a list.

Your two strongest academic schools - assuming you can confirm their vax policy as it is not clearly listed on either website- will be Alcuin (shocking to see a school positioned in the elite tier out of the 150+ private schools in DFW with such a high % of unvaccinated students) and Cambridge (extremely conservative Christian school but respectable classical education model).

https://www.dshs.texas.gov/uploadedF...h%20Grade.xlsx

*Alcuin (Dallas)
Alliance Christian Academy (FW)
Calvary Christian Academy (FW)
Christian Life Preparatory (FW)
Coram Deo Plano
Denton Calvary Academy
Lake County Christian (FW)
Montessori Children’s House (FW)
North Star School (Arlington)
Temple Christian Academy (Flower Mound)
The Selwyn School (Argyle)
Trivium Academy (Carrollton)
Ume Preparatory Academy (Dallas)
Vanguard Prep (Dallas)
Wylie Prep
*Cambridge School (Dallas)
Can anyone confirm that Alcuin doesn't require vaccines? I was about to sign up for a virtual visit they are having on Tuesday. If they don't require vaccinations, then I am taking them off the list of prospective schools. The 90% across the board figure on the spreadsheet posted above looks like a made-up figure.

Old 10-23-2022, 03:03 PM

3,950 posts, read 3,027,144 times
Are we talking about covid or all vaccines in general? I didn’t know schools required covid vaccine… or did y’all mean like polio and that stuff?

Old 10-24-2022, 11:13 AM

1 posts, read 590 times
Confirming that Alcuin School does require all state mandated immunizations for students. Like all schools in Texas, Alcuin must also comply with any State authorized exemptions, which are rare.

Old 10-29-2022, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,327 times
There are multiple girls in my daughter’s private school class that don’t have a COVID vaccine, although rare (my word of mouth guess would be < 10% of grade as an estimate).

I’m not aware of a single parent that is anti other mandated immunizations. The Privates tend to attract groups of hyper educated parents. If my world view was anti-vax, Anon world, I would somewhat question whether private school circles are places for me.

Old 10-30-2022, 09:45 AM

2,517 posts, read 2,229,837 times
There might be some conservative Christian ones. I wouldn't be sending my kids to one of those anyways.

Old 10-30-2022, 11:48 AM

19,915 posts, read 18,210,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockaday_Girl_Dad View Post
There are multiple girls in my daughter’s private school class that don’t have a COVID vaccine, although rare (my word of mouth guess would be < 10% of grade as an estimate).

I’m not aware of a single parent that is anti other mandated immunizations. The Privates tend to attract groups of hyper educated parents. If my world view was anti-vax, Anon world, I would somewhat question whether private school circles are places for me.
Sticking with covid and I'm pretty hard on the pro-vax side of things FWIIW. According a survey from Carnegie Mellon IIRC one of the most anti-vax cadres is Ph.D holders contrasted with MDs and DOs of whom 96/97% are vaxxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas