Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-14-2020, 07:19 AM

5,429 posts, read 4,455,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Just got back from Walmart and Kroger.

Walmart had only some large frozen turkeys and hams left. All other meat was gone. (I bought the last pack of bacon.). No hamburger, chicken, pork...nothing. There was some fish left.

They still had a lot of frozen food. Can goods were being restocked.

Almost all the pasta and rice was gone. Very little butter, eggs, milk, cheese, etc.
There was no sliced bread at all.

No TP. (They said they would get a delivery tomorrow). No paper towels. Limited supplies of soap, detergent, etc. Toothpaste was almost gone. All flu type medicine was gone.

Kroger had more of everything so I would start there if you need supplies.
I was at a Kroger location yesterday and it was madness. Worse than any weekend day. I couldn't get everything I desired, but with substitutions and having set up an emergency food supply during rational times, I should be good now for weeks so long as the power grid is ok. I visited a Tom Thumb location as soon as I woke up this morning and finished getting anything I needed. Sliced bread supplies at Kroger and Tom Thumb were not good. I was already stockpiled on eggs prior to yesterday. Cheese wasn't good. Pasta is limited. I was able to get some rationed paper goods.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:25 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,155,792 times
As long as the power grid is Ok? Jesus, some of you people have gone off the deep end.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:35 AM

3,754 posts, read 4,233,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
As long as the power grid is Ok? Jesus, some of you people have gone off the deep end.

It's not too far fetched... With everyone staying home, there's going to be a huge power draw during the day vs normal, but we'll probably be ok because it's not summer and no one is really running their AC yet. Most likely we'll all have much slower internet speeds than normal though.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:38 AM

379 posts, read 366,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Wow, we are coming back tomorrow to an empty fridge. Should we shop in Colorado, lol, the grocery store here seemed ok the other day. The madness was reserved for the slopes.
My relative who lives north of Denver has asked my family in Houston if they can ship her some toilet paper, because she says every single place is out. Unbelievable. We're about to go on spring break to BFE Texas and I'll be curious to see if the panic exists there. If not I might be returning home with a cooler full of food!

Old 03-14-2020, 09:04 AM

38 posts, read 79,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katana49 View Post
There are a lot more infected people than is being reported. Most people who suspect they are infected are unable to get tested if they don't meet the criteria for it. I have a friend who either has coronavirus or has suddenly developed bronchitis, Collin county doesn't have a testing facility and his PCP says he doesn't qualify for testing since he hasn't traveled recently or been in contact with one of the known infected people. They just told him to stay home and stay isolated as much as possible. What a joke.
I agree. I came down with flu like symptoms last week (fever, body aches, nausea). Tested negative for the flu. Now have a lingering dry cough. Can’t get tested bc I haven’t traveled. The number of cases are so much higher than they are saying.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:46 AM

1,315 posts, read 1,155,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmomof3 View Post
I agree. I came down with flu like symptoms last week (fever, body aches, nausea). Tested negative for the flu. Now have a lingering dry cough. Can’t get tested bc I haven’t traveled. The number of cases are so much higher than they are saying.
And unless you’ve got an underlying condition or are over the age of 70, you’ll likely shake it off within a couple of weeks. Hydrate, rest.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:55 AM

38 posts, read 79,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipito View Post
And unless you’ve got an underlying condition or are over the age of 70, you’ll likely shake it off within a couple of weeks. Hydrate, rest.
I know. I’m not worried about it. It would just be nice to know one way or the other. It would also be good to have accurate numbers to show how it’s spreading and where.

Old 03-14-2020, 09:58 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,941,266 times
I did my weekly grocery run yesterday - what a circus! No water at all in Walmart - Aldis only had gallons available. No dried beans or rice in both places, but no problem with pasta. Canned goods practically wiped out and no paper products in either place. Plus the lines were out of control.

I was able to pick up the majority of what I needed, but will use this as an opportunity to use up whatever I have in my pantry and freezer as well.

At work, we have been told our teams are being split between 2 floors so the the entire team won't be wiped out if it spreads within the team.

While I don't disagree this is a virus to be concerned about, I believe this has been hyped by the media to an elevated level to induce panic and create an impression that will reflect badly on the current administration.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:20 AM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yes, we are supposed to stay home as much as possible. They are trying to slow the virus down so not to overwhelm the hospitals. One person going out is better than four people going out. It just lessens the chances of contact with infected people.
Thank you, this is what I/we will be doing.

Tarrant County has its third case:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbc...2330375/%3famp

Old 03-14-2020, 11:17 AM

451 posts, read 319,783 times
Please note that the rule that if you have not traveled or if you have not been in contact with someone tested positive for Covid-19, you cannot get tested, does not apply anymore. If you truly believe that you are infected, you should call the city and get guidance on where you could get tested. At the least, as a precaution, please isolate yourself in a room in your home until your symptoms completely go away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasmomof3 View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas