Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2019, 09:01 PM

4 posts, read 3,841 times

Advertisements

We've been looking at new home options in the low $300's and found this neat community in Argyle called Harvest by Hillwood. It seems pretty new and I was wondering if anyone on here is familiar with it. The sales pitch sounds great but I wonder how much of it is the way they make it seem. The community only seems to be a couple years old but it sounds like it has a lot of potential. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2019, 09:41 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,557,083 times
I haven't been to that community specifically, but I'm up that way often because my parents live in Argyle. The area is fine and growing rapidly, but there still isn't a whole lot up there. (The Gnome Cones/Bumbershoot BBQ/Kimzey's Coffee/Earl's 377 is a MUST visit if you go up to that area, though!)

If the lack of "stuff" is ok with you and you aren't commuting a ridiculous distance, it could be a good option.

Do be aware it is split across two school districts, Argyle and Northwest ISD. Argyle is a no brainer good choice. I don't know much about Northwest ISD, but I've never heard bad things either, so who knows.

Old 01-05-2019, 06:53 AM

4 posts, read 3,841 times
Thank you, my commute would be to Southlake so it's not bad. The site plan shows a few future retailer coming near the entrance of the community so it looks like things may be growing even more there pretty soon.

Old 01-07-2019, 10:53 AM

1,447 posts, read 1,487,298 times
Great community, great builders, great concept, especially if you work someplace like Southlake not so far from it. There will be lots of young families there with plenty of kids.
Argyle schools are probably the more desired and a smaller system, but I like NW ISD too which is the second school district in the community.

The homes in the 300s will probably have small lots, but that is what some people want and what some people can afford.

Even if you are buying new....ALWAYS take a realtor with you on your first visit and every visit. The builders are nice and friendly, but they're working against you not for you in many cases. On these forums we see plenty of issues with every builder out there and it seems like 90pct would be resolved to your satisfaction if you had a realtor involved. Typically it doesn't cost you anything for representation and may even save you plenty of money, plenty of time, plenty of headaches. It's all fun when you're looking at the models....but the games start when you sign the contract.

Also you always want to get your new build inspected in phases with a professional inspector YOU hire. Don't depend on the city inspectors. Don't depend on the builder to do it right. Inspect what you inspect and get a realtor to also do this for you too. Two-Three-Four sets of eyes on your project will get you a better house.

Good luck....best wishes...and if you like the community it is probably a good fit for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: