Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 02:02 PM

625 posts, read 1,956,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuninja View Post
Not anymore labor in India is also getting expensive,i am not sure where you got the build of quality of houses is poor,now if its built by a builder yes,but if people are building individual houses there will be some one supervising it everyday.
Right - no one trusts the builder homes! and for good reason!

Old 07-19-2017, 07:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unexpected View Post
Your overall attitude and tone "Older houses don't have issues - HAHAHAHA!" as well as your other posts that have since been removed, are frankly quite condescending.

You won't see it that way, but that's the impression that you are giving off.
Not on my radar, bigger things on my mind right now.

Quote:
Even your claim that "Indians by and large don't buy older houses" - is not an indisputable one. Indians prefer newer builds, but you're not getting a brand new build in Plano anymore. There are many Indians living Central and West Plano that bought older builds.

Indians are moving to Frisco/Irving out of sheer affordability and not necessarily new houses. New houses is a plus, but schools are the deciding factor. Given a new house in a frisco, or a 97 build in Plano, if price is the same, they would prefer to be in Plano.
I've worked in IT my entire adult life and I've known more people from India than I can count. The overwhelming majority of my Indian coworkers have expressed a strong preference for new builds, have had houses built specifically for them, or have bought houses built within the last 5 years...even if it meant that they had to drive an extra 5-10 miles to and from work.

And yes, school quality is important to them. It's important to almost every middle class/upper middle class parent. However, my experience has told me that school quality sometimes takes a backseat to the new house...especially if the parents feel that a slightly lower-quality school will give their kid(s) a better shot at a top 10% class rank. I have a former co-worker whose family moved to a different school district for that specific reason. (It worked, by the way.) That goes for parents of all nationalities and ethnicities, by the way. That sort of jostling is by no means unique to (or universal among) Indian parents.

Old 07-19-2017, 08:46 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,102,136 times
Even just looking at this forum, one would think the only people moving to DFW these days are Indians/South Asians and Californians. It sure feels like it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: