Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 02:03 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,805,365 times

Advertisements

Okay... who's going to be first to get any snow today? The latest advisory says anywhere from 2-3" in the northwest area close to Red River and 1-2" possible late this afternoon-evening in the Dallas metroplex with temps dropping close to freezing.

Woohoo!!! Can you believe it??? Yesterday almost 80 and today snow? You can say a lot about our TX weather but one thing's for sure, it is never boring!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 02:18 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,241,509 times
Tn 48 hours time we have 80 degree daytime highs, a wind storm, a thunderstorm, and potential snow, only in Texas.

Now if someone could tell me why my fellow Texans feel the need to horde food at the mere mention of the word snow?

Old 03-03-2008, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post
Now if someone could tell me why my fellow Texans feel the need to horde food at the mere mention of the word snow?
LoL! Well, you just never know... you might need all that food in the four hours that the snow lasts!

Old 03-03-2008, 02:33 PM

1,533 posts, read 7,241,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
LoL! Well, you just never know... you might need all that food in the four hours that the snow lasts!

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's all the transplants from Cali that are hording food. I've live here my whole life, and I have never seen out "snow" last more than a day,

Old 03-03-2008, 03:01 PM

6,823 posts, read 14,039,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS80 View Post

My thoughts exactly. Maybe it's all the transplants from Cali that are hording food. I've live here my whole life, and I have never seen out "snow" last more than a day,

Oh so true and funny

Old 03-03-2008, 03:11 PM

3,041 posts, read 11,890,390 times
As a NE transplant I just canceled my dinner run to the grocery store for this exact reason!! The store will be packed and all the bread and milk will be gone anyway!!
(Don't fret, VA was the same way...if they say it might snow......the food hording began!)

Right now in Keller it's trying to snow...very light drizzle that's almost but not quite frozen!
A school delay would be nice....I could sleep in.

Old 03-03-2008, 03:12 PM

583 posts, read 2,634,506 times
Nooooooooooooo Snnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnoooooooowwwwwwwwwwww!

Old 03-03-2008, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5stones View Post
Right now in Keller it's trying to snow...very light drizzle that's almost but not quite frozen!
Same here in Las Colinas/Valley Ranch area... a very fine mist/drizzle beginning...

Old 03-03-2008, 03:42 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,280,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Okay... who's going to be first to get any snow today? The latest advisory says anywhere from 2-3" in the northwest area close to Red River and 1-2" possible late this afternoon-evening in the Dallas metroplex with temps dropping close to freezing.

Woohoo!!! Can you believe it??? Yesterday almost 80 and today snow? You can say a lot about our TX weather but one thing's for sure, it is never boring!

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!
Oh, it's really boring from April to October.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Oh, it's really boring from April to October.
Well, I guess we all have a different outlook on it... if one spends from April through October inside because of the heat, I guess it would get a little boring.

But, if you enjoy the outdoors as I do, it's far from boring... especially spring with the bluebonnets, roses, crepe myrtles and other flowers in bloom, gardening, the return of the birds singing in the mornings, the smell of fresh-cut grass, the beginning of baseball and softball seasons and all the kids playing at the local parks, laying out to get a suntan one weekend and it snowing (in April) the next, thunderstorms both strong and weak... I could go on and on, because I really enjoy every season here.

And, while the heat can become unbearable to some, I've only found it so from mid-July through August in the late afternoon to early evening, but then again, that's not always the case as we've had variable summers as well, some mild, some dry, some wet and some hotter than he!!... certainly, nothing boring about that. And, regardless of how hot, the mornings are ALWAYS pleasant and is my favorite time during the summer... before the day heats up... to be outside piddling in the yard.

Then come fall when you feel that first cool morning crispness in the air... can't beat that... and then on into cooler weather... if it comes... sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't... maybe for a day or two of snow or ice... then back up into the 50s-60s... or 70s-80s like we've had this year.

Love every bit of it... and boring... nah, not to me... ever!

Ahhh, but back to the subject of this thread... time to trade in yesterday's shorts and t-shirt for your coat and boots for a day or two... the snow 'tis a-coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas