Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2016, 03:04 PM

87 posts, read 154,022 times

Advertisements

Looking to relocate and one thing we are interested in is being near walking/running trails. I have posted a million questions about our other concerns, but just for this thread I would like to see where runners enjoy running in DFW. Enlighten me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2016, 07:25 PM

379 posts, read 366,993 times
The Katy Trail is the gold standard.

White Rock Lake is also excellent.

Old 02-07-2016, 09:51 PM

1 posts, read 759 times
Living in the irving area, i just want to add that the campion trails here have not been enjoyable lately (frequent flooding)

Old 02-08-2016, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the input. Any one in the suburbs? Any running trails in any suburbs?

Old 02-08-2016, 11:16 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,467,966 times
Are you looking for paved?

Old 02-08-2016, 11:32 AM

42 posts, read 57,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesick texan View Post
Thanks for the input. Any one in the suburbs? Any running trails in any suburbs?
Most major suburbs have their own running trails. You can find links on their websites. Here are links for Richardson and Plano's trails.

Plano Trails and Maps | TrailLink

Richardson Trails and Maps | TrailLink

Old 02-09-2016, 09:47 AM

We have a great paved running/walking/biking trail where we live and I was just wondering if I could find that in the DFW suburbs. Its not the clearest question, I realize. I have looked on some of the small towns' parks and recs websites, but haven't found much information. But I appreciate all the input! Areas where I'm really concentrating the house search are: Rockwall/Heath, Double Oak, Highland Village, Flower Mound, Lucas. Any input on any of these towns? Thanks!

Old 02-09-2016, 10:25 AM

77 posts, read 133,805 times
Plano has got a good network of trails - Chisolm, Bluebonnett, Preston ridge, Legacy Trail etc and most of them are interconnected

Old 02-09-2016, 10:50 AM

1,591 posts, read 2,412,010 times
Bob Woodruff park and Spring Creek Trail in the northern suburbs. Trails are varied, shaded and not overcrowded.

I like White Rock for a decent distance loop but it can get a bit congested at parts with bikers sharing the same corridor so it pays to get there early.

Katy Trail is okay but it's a social trail. It's too short and congested with people stopping in the middle to chat among strollers/dogs combined with bikers who fail to announce and treat it like a highway.

Old 02-09-2016, 07:32 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,875,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdallas View Post
Bob Woodruff park and Spring Creek Trail in the northern suburbs. Trails are varied, shaded and not overcrowded.

I like White Rock for a decent distance loop but it can get a bit congested at parts with bikers sharing the same corridor so it pays to get there early.

Katy Trail is okay but it's a social trail. It's too short and congested with people stopping in the middle to chat among strollers/dogs combined with bikers who fail to announce and treat it like a highway.
The Bob Woodruff/Spring Creek/Oak Point nature reserve area is my second favorite in the area. My favorite in the entire area is the nature trail alongside the Elm Fork of the Trinity that begins on 380 at the north end of Lake Lewisville 20 miles or so north to the dam of Ray Roberts Lake near Pilot Point. Pristine river bottom, tons of wild life and a chance to totally get away from civilization.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/publications/p...p4503_176a.pdf

North Texas Greenbelt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: