Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 08:42 PM

244 posts, read 516,388 times

Advertisements

So i know its kinda early to talk about Black Friday and all of the sales that will occur but this will be the first Black Friday For the Nebraska Furniture Mart in Texas. I am sure they will want to go all out and offer some crazy deals, but my question is how will they handle the chaos of all the deal seeking masses. We have all seen the Crazy Walmart videos but can you imagine the spectacle at a store the size of 4 Walmart super-centers!

The parking lot has 4,200 parking spots

I can imagine all the people who will flock to the store for Black Friday... what are yall's thoughts on what will happen... I'm sure it will make the news. Wonder if they will use a ticket system for the big ticket items like TV's..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2015, 06:38 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,421,327 times
We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Old 11-12-2015, 11:30 AM

38 posts, read 62,107 times
I would just go now. We were in the market to buy a refrigerator and we were going to wait until black Friday, but then we started thinking about the crowds and so forth, like you are, and we noticed that a lot of retailers were offering appliance sales now. Plus, we were worried about how long we would have to wait for delivery if we bought on black Friday along with everybody else. During the summer we bought a washer/dryer at NFM and had to wait 2 weeks for delivery and a living room set that we had to wait 4 weeks for delivery. We actually ended up buying one at the home depot near our home (NFM was only $3 cheaper) and they told us that if it goes on sale somewhere for less they will refund the difference. I'll bet NFM offers that too, so I would avoid the crowds and just go there now and ask them about that.

Old 11-12-2015, 01:49 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,645,493 times
Many stores are offering on-line prices on their "doorbuster" Black Friday deals this year. I will stick with those; I'm too old to put up with the craziness on that day.

Old 11-13-2015, 09:45 AM

559 posts, read 943,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin85 View Post
I would just go now. We were in the market to buy a refrigerator and we were going to wait until black Friday, but then we started thinking about the crowds and so forth, like you are, and we noticed that a lot of retailers were offering appliance sales now. Plus, we were worried about how long we would have to wait for delivery if we bought on black Friday along with everybody else. During the summer we bought a washer/dryer at NFM and had to wait 2 weeks for delivery and a living room set that we had to wait 4 weeks for delivery. We actually ended up buying one at the home depot near our home (NFM was only $3 cheaper) and they told us that if it goes on sale somewhere for less they will refund the difference. I'll bet NFM offers that too, so I would avoid the crowds and just go there now and ask them about that.
We had a very pleasing BF shopping experience at Fry's last year and got a hack of a deal on a brand new washer and dryer set at half the price compare to Lowes / Home Depot were advertising in their last year's BF ads.

I still remember I reached at Fry's around 1 PM and they were going to open probably around 5 PM (+/- 1 hr). We had about 6 people in front of us. So waiting 4 hours in line and very well crowd management by Fry's employees I saved over $600. People on deal sites went to try and PM Fry's deal at HD/Lowes stores and failed. I also tried to PM at Home Depot and they denied to PM Fry's!!!!! Crappy reason that Fry's is a discount store and HD does not PM discounted store. Stores may PM their own prices easily if they go lower within certain allowed purchase window. But when it comes to PM other stores, they come up with weird reasons which you don't like to hear in the end.

Though I shop at Home Depot frequently, but when it comes to a big ticketed appliance / electronics item they don't have the best deal always compare to discounted stores like Fry's or wholesale club Costco or Sam's Club.

About NFM..... they have two different delivery options. 1 is general delivery (they carry your all types of merchandise in one trip). 2nd is their express delivery (applicable only when you have all items from only one department). I recently purchased a furniture item from NFM where their general delivery was out for 2 weeks but express was only 3 days. I chose 3 days since we had everything from one department only. So make sure you ask your NFM associate with all delivery options before setting up.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:08 AM

244 posts, read 516,388 times
Yea that's good that your experience at Fry's was pleasant I've only really participated in black Friday once at Best Buy for a External Storage Drive back in the day. There were a ton of people but it was well controlled. I've noticed that most of the best electronic deals like on TV's for examples are for brands that I would never buy in the first place... like a 50in no name brand. I understand for some people that price is all that matters and whatnot but I'm not going to waste thanksgiving with my family and have to fight for a $200 TV that is poor quality or picture...

I do like the fact that they are allowing you to buy online the door busters I might look into that.

I think what NFM is doing is putting out black Friday deals during the week to ease the crush of people but I'm sure they will have a huge crowd on black Friday.. I do like how unlike most stores they shut down Thanksgiving day and only open at 6AM the next day.

Old 11-13-2015, 10:45 AM

559 posts, read 943,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawekeye2011 View Post
Yea that's good that your experience at Fry's was pleasant I've only really participated in black Friday once at Best Buy for a External Storage Drive back in the day. There were a ton of people but it was well controlled. I've noticed that most of the best electronic deals like on TV's for examples are for brands that I would never buy in the first place... like a 50in no name brand. I understand for some people that price is all that matters and whatnot but I'm not going to waste thanksgiving with my family and have to fight for a $200 TV that is poor quality or picture...

I do like the fact that they are allowing you to buy online the door busters I might look into that.

I think what NFM is doing is putting out black Friday deals during the week to ease the crush of people but I'm sure they will have a huge crowd on black Friday.. I do like how unlike most stores they shut down Thanksgiving day and only open at 6AM the next day.
I personally never tried Best Buy on BF as it's always electronic buyers 1st place to hang out and do camping crazy like almost 1 day before

TV/Phone/Camera etc. type electronic item prices always fall from the time they hit the market. So irrespective how good of a deal you get for a TV on this BF, it may probably worth 20% to 40% less in a year

Samsung / LG / Vizio are the only major brands come to my mind when I think about TVs. All others are you get what you pay.

IMO Vizio and Samsung are one the most selling brands at Costco throughout the year. LG IMO is somewhere in between Samsung and Vizio and they also make some really good TVs. You can't go wrong with any of these brands.

Yes, there will be some really hot deals on TVs come online as well. But those come and go very fast. Ones which are not very popular among online buyers will be available to order even 6 to 24 hours from the time they become available to order online. So you have to be ready (late night or early morning depending on when online sites make those deals available) to purchase to grab smoking hot online TV deals

Old 11-17-2015, 08:22 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,670,752 times
Or just avoid Nebraska Furniture Mart all the time. If you need something buy it now, many places are having good deals on appliances and other items. Not worth fighting the crowds and people on black Friday just to save a few $ on a cheap item to begin with.

Old 11-20-2015, 01:01 AM

6,065 posts, read 4,274,682 times
Black Friday and Nebraska Furniture Mart both represent some of the worst aspects of American culture. Bringing them together is crazy. Retailers have done everything they can to destroy Thanksgiving. A holiday that used to be about being thankful for what one has is now a small speed bump on the way to buying stuff most don't need.

Old 11-20-2015, 07:34 AM

11,755 posts, read 7,166,805 times
No thanks. I'd rather line up for hours at my dentist's for a root canal.

Mick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas