Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2007, 06:35 PM

4 posts, read 25,448 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are planning to move to the DFW area in about a year. She will probably be working at John Peter Smith Hospital in Fort Worth and I'll be attending Parker Chiropractic College on Walnut Hill Lane in NW Dallas. Where would be a good place to live that's half way in between the two places with equal drive times including traffic. We don't need a large fancy home... our budget will be between $100,000-$150,000. We'd just like to live in a nice suburban neighborhood with a home that's no more than 20 years old... and again, we would like to have equal drive times. Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 06:43 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,253,696 times
Sounds like Arlington is your best bet. It's centrally located between Fort Worth and Dallas.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:48 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,460,676 times
You might look in Hurst, Euless, Bedford area, too.

Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 AM

2 posts, read 18,582 times
Arlington is your best bet for a good in between city for several reasons.
I would try to buy near the new Cowboy stadium which is near the Rangers
field. That area is going to have a lot of redevelopment and might be a good investment.

I would avoid the HEB area because you will then have to drive to school
on the LBJ (635) and that road is a nightmare.

You might also consider the North Cliff area (new housing is being developed there) but it has well preserved neighborhoods featuring hills and trees (Stevens Park, Kessler Park, etc). With the Trinity river re-development project now approved, that neighborhood should appreciate dramatically.
The area should be the next big deal real estate wise as it is considered
cutting edge.

Please remember that your wife will have a reverse commute and driving against heavy traffic into Fort Worth so she will have a less stressful drive.
You will have to fight the commuters driving into downtown Dallas.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:11 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,800,079 times
Pull up a map on mapquest.com and put in the addresses for both the Clinic (2500 Walnut Hill Lane, Dallas, TX 75229) and the Hospital (1500 S. Main St., Ft. Worth, TX), which in mileage is a 32-mile distance from each other.

You'll then see the easiest commute between the two is on 183 that runs east-west. By taking 183 east to Loop 12 north, then going north on I35E and exiting on Walnut Hill Lane, you'll have a quick commute. Also, for your wife, with her taking 183 west to 121 south to I35W into downtown Ft. Worth, it would be an easy commute as well. These are all major highways (6-8 lanes).

Hurst, Bedford and Euless are directly off of 183 almost midway between where the two of you will be working and southwest of DFW airport, with North Richland Hills farther west and Irving farther east on 183. Arlington is a little farther south of 183. You can pull up the homes in your price range for any of these areas on realtor.com. Of course, as you can see, there are many other small towns around this area... all depends on how long of a commute you two are willing to make.

Hope this helps and good luck to you and welcome to Texas!

P.S. Westcoastraider, I believe you have your directions confused just a tad.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 12-08-2007 at 02:21 AM..

Old 12-08-2007, 09:28 AM

11,853 posts, read 26,864,734 times
Grapevine would be good, too. It's about 30-45 minutes to JPS and 20 minutes to Parker College from here. Look for homes in the Bellaire neighborhood...there are currently several in your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas