Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2014, 02:23 PM

104 posts, read 143,676 times

Advertisements

Help,

I have a toddler who will turn two in a couple of days. I need to find the suggestions for the best Mother's Day out programs in West Plano or Frisco. Money is not an issue however she is slightly developmentally delayed but not much. She blends well with other children her age and most would never know. So I want to put here in a place that loves children, will work with them even with obstacles and not such much concerned with $$$$$ and filling spots or how wealthy we may or may not be. We are looking for a warm welcoming environment that will remain that way after drop off but also somewhere that she will learn as well as Full Time Daycare is not an option as she will be participating in therapy and we don't want to overfill her day either bouncing from school to therapy and vice versa. Thanks in advance.

I have called one place thus far and that was Prestonwood but they are currently full.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2014, 10:11 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,557,409 times
Most of the best/mostly highly recommended ones will be full. If you really like one, I'd suggest you get on the wait list just in case. If a spot opens up in Feb/March, they can move pretty quickly through the wait list, as many on it have found another place by then. Also, most MDOs will be pre-enrolling for the fall soon, so that will put you on their radar if you don't get in right away. That said, you can often find smaller MDOs that still have a spot or two. Doesn't necessarily mean the education is any worse...sometimes it can even be better...just that they are not as established or haven't developed a "following" yet. MDO are best found word of mouth, and parents are most familiar with those near them, so be sure to ask your neighbors. Another resource that may help you is DFW Area Moms. It's an online forum for local moms and many of the moms are in the same area you are looking. I'd suggest asking your question there. Good luck!

Old 01-19-2014, 02:57 PM

anyone?

Old 01-19-2014, 09:00 PM

161 posts, read 240,835 times
Since you mention your daughter is turning two soon, she would fit into the criteria for a one year old class. Not all preschools offer a 1 yr old class, since most MDO programs/preschools start enrollment usually at 2 or 3 years of age, following the school district's September 1st cutoff date. Like the PP said, most of the best programs will already be full, but it doesn't hurt to put your child's name on the wait list and/or to try for open enrollment for the following school year. Keep in mind that preschools will give priority registration for current enrolled families first (most start enrollment at the end of January) for the upcoming school year, and they offer open registration later in the spring for everyone else.

These are some preschools in Plano that offer a 1 year old MDO program

Grace Christian Day School
Programs - Grace Christian Day School - Plano TX graceds.org

Child Development Center at Christ United Methodist Church
Children's Discovery Center Home
Their website says they currently have openings only in pre-K and transitional Kinder, but I don't know how up to date their website is.

First United Methodist Church Plano
FUMC Plano Weekday Program - CDO, Preschool, After School Care

First Baptist Church Plano
Mothers Day Out - First Baptist Church Plano

Lifepoint Preschool (has an 18 month old program)
http://lifepointplano.org/kids/preschool

Old 01-21-2014, 02:09 PM

She turned two yesterday
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: