Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2013, 09:09 AM

4 posts, read 6,291 times

Advertisements

I am relocating to Dallas in February and I have been looking at apartments in the Uptown area for months now. I think I have narrowed my search to the Marquis State Thomas, Post Katy Trail, Trianon or Monterey by Windsor. Has anyone lived or known someone that lived at any of these properties? I would like to live near other young professionals and somewhat close to nightlife. Based on location, property quality, maintenance, staff, etc. which would you recommend? How would you rank these properties?

Here are my rankings:
1. Trianon
2. Monterey
3. Post Katy Trail
4. Marquis State Thomas
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 12:40 PM

788 posts, read 1,225,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstroz View Post
I am relocating to Dallas in February and I have been looking at apartments in the Uptown area for months now. I think I have narrowed my search to the Marquis State Thomas, Post Katy Trail, Trianon or Monterey by Windsor. Has anyone lived or known someone that lived at any of these properties? I would like to live near other young professionals and somewhat close to nightlife. Based on location, property quality, maintenance, staff, etc. which would you recommend? How would you rank these properties?

Here are my rankings:
1. Trianon
2. Monterey
3. Post Katy Trail
4. Marquis State Thomas
Hey, I have friends who have lived in all of these complexes so can definitely give you some insight. I would say Windsor properties are generally speaking nice than Post properties. All of these properties are technically in uptown, and this area is basically THE place to live in Dallas if you're a young professional and want to be close to nightlife, etc.

The Monterey is on the northern end of uptown next to highway 75. From there, you can walk to the West Village, which has some bars, restaurants, shops & movie theater, as well as some other bars and restaurants on the north end of Uptown, but you probably would want to take a taxi anywhere further South on McKinney Ave.

The Trianon is virtually all young professionals, recent college grads to early 30's range. It's on the South end of the Uptown area, but you could technically walk to Katy Trail Icehouse and bars on the South side of Uptown.

Post Katy Trail is a newer property as well and a little bit southwest of Monterey. I'd say it's one of the nicer Post options since it's relatively new. It's going to again, be convenient to West Village or north Uptown area.

The State Thomas area also has a lot of young professionals, and you can walk to McKinney Ave bars, but I feel like it has a more residential, neighborhood feel than the other properties. State Thomas is a historic area and they have a lot of larger apartment complexes, but also nice multi-level townhomes and the area is very walkable.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of those properties. Regardless, you'll be in a relatively nice complex and definitely living close to nightlife & other young professionals. If it were me, I'd rank the following:

Post Katy Trail
Marquis State Thomas
Trianon
Monterey

The only reason I rank the Monterrey last is because even though it's close to West Village, it's the further North. Also, the building kind of looks like it was just thrown up and cheap.

The only reason I don't rank Trianon higher is because it's a little older, so the layout inside their floorplans is a little more traditional, whereas I think Marquis & Post have nicer kitchens and at Post the kitchens have large islands that are completely open with no walls to the living area, which is nice for entertainment.

I'd also look into Gables Villa Rosa & Gables Uptown Trail. Those are both fairly new, very popular properties and you can easily access everything. Good luck!

Old 01-13-2014, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 6,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMC_TX View Post
Hey, I have friends who have lived in all of these complexes so can definitely give you some insight. I would say Windsor properties are generally speaking nice than Post properties. All of these properties are technically in uptown, and this area is basically THE place to live in Dallas if you're a young professional and want to be close to nightlife, etc.

The Monterey is on the northern end of uptown next to highway 75. From there, you can walk to the West Village, which has some bars, restaurants, shops & movie theater, as well as some other bars and restaurants on the north end of Uptown, but you probably would want to take a taxi anywhere further South on McKinney Ave.

The Trianon is virtually all young professionals, recent college grads to early 30's range. It's on the South end of the Uptown area, but you could technically walk to Katy Trail Icehouse and bars on the South side of Uptown.

Post Katy Trail is a newer property as well and a little bit southwest of Monterey. I'd say it's one of the nicer Post options since it's relatively new. It's going to again, be convenient to West Village or north Uptown area.

The State Thomas area also has a lot of young professionals, and you can walk to McKinney Ave bars, but I feel like it has a more residential, neighborhood feel than the other properties. State Thomas is a historic area and they have a lot of larger apartment complexes, but also nice multi-level townhomes and the area is very walkable.

I honestly don't think you can go wrong with any of those properties. Regardless, you'll be in a relatively nice complex and definitely living close to nightlife & other young professionals. If it were me, I'd rank the following:

Post Katy Trail
Marquis State Thomas
Trianon
Monterey

The only reason I rank the Monterrey last is because even though it's close to West Village, it's the further North. Also, the building kind of looks like it was just thrown up and cheap.

The only reason I don't rank Trianon higher is because it's a little older, so the layout inside their floorplans is a little more traditional, whereas I think Marquis & Post have nicer kitchens and at Post the kitchens have large islands that are completely open with no walls to the living area, which is nice for entertainment.

I'd also look into Gables Villa Rosa & Gables Uptown Trail. Those are both fairly new, very popular properties and you can easily access everything. Good luck!

Very detailed and useful review, thank you!!

I ended up going with the Trianon btw. If anyone is interested, I can post my thoughts once I move in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas