Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 07:55 PM

36 posts, read 71,845 times

Advertisements

Seriously, if I had five children I would move to Park Cities and send them to one of their awesome public schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 08:33 PM

11 posts, read 31,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
You can afford to enroll 5 kids at these $20K per year minimum private schools?!? Wow, congratulations! Where did I go wrong in life
3 children. Oldest boy applying to 7th and 8th due to summer birthday,attrition vs open grades and lack of maturity. Middle daughter applying for 5th grade. Youngest son applying for both 2nd and 3rd for same reasons stated above . Earnest, self employed living, no tricks under the hat .

Old 02-27-2013, 08:39 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,344,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeka21 View Post
We have both girls and boys. 8th, 7th, 5th, 2nd and 3rd grades. At this point in the admission process, we do not see ourselves possibly filling out another admission application as this process has been a bit tedious.
Holy cow! 5 kids in private school?! Cha-ching.....

Have you considered just buying a home in HPISD (or Plano / Flower Mound/ Southlake / Coppell if you're interested in suburbs)? You'd be guaranteed a great education and have all kids in schools within 5-10 min drive of one another. Oh, and save $100-150k per year in tuition...

Old 02-27-2013, 09:06 PM

269 posts, read 864,814 times
Quote:
Out of the three schools mentioned, which do you consider the best curriculum in town?
You don't necessarily get to pick -- but assuming those three choices actually came through I think most people would without hesitation choose Greenhill, unless they objected to the atmosphere/world view.

Old 02-27-2013, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMS_Parent View Post
You don't necessarily get to pick -- but assuming those three choices actually came through I think most people would without hesitation choose Greenhill, unless they objected to the atmosphere/world view.
I sent flowers to all the schools we applied to thanking them for their time, school visits, tours and such. Does this count in our favor? 👍😻

Old 02-28-2013, 12:17 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,754,869 times
Quote:
I sent flowers to all the schools we applied to thanking them for their time, school visits, tours and such. Does this count in our favor? ����
Other people attach checks for $100,000, too. But I will bet the flowers are appreciated by everyone more.

Be sure to have a plan B on all of this.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 AM

19,908 posts, read 18,193,452 times
Quote:
Are you implying there are no or few families in Dallas who have multiple children at Hockaday or St. Marks ? Ofcourse meaning the siblings are all single sex.
You said you wanted to send all of your kids to the same school and that you had applied to Hockaday and St. Marks, that can't work.

Under normal circumstances your chances of getting all of your kids into the schools you applied, I'm inferring some things from your posts that may not be precisely correct, are very slim.

I wish you the best of luck.

Also if I were you I'd wait and see what you hear from the schools you've applied and if you are hit with regret letters I'd then run to the Catholic schools and Good Shepherd.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 AM

19,908 posts, read 18,193,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
Other people attach checks for $100,000, too. But I will bet the flowers are appreciated by everyone more.

Be sure to have a plan B on all of this.
I'm hoping that was a joke?

You know that writing a quid-pro-quo check for admissions is A. illegal - bribes always are B. a charter violation of whichever school accreditation group said school is a member. I'm not for a moment claiming that coming from riches and power won't help clearly those things do help.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You said you wanted to send all of your kids to the same school and that you had applied to Hockaday and St. Marks, that can't work.

Got it. St Marks and Hockaday are single sex schools. So mistake on my part as there is no way all my children can attend as I have both boys and girl.

Under normal circumstances your chances of getting all of your kids into the schools you applied, I'm inferring some things from your posts that may not be precisely correct, are very slim.

Will keep you updated and let you know how it all turns out. I'm pretty optimistic and yet realistic at the same time. My higher spiritual power tells me we have lots in our favor.

I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you if you really mean it.

Also if I were you I'd wait and see what you hear from the schools you've applied and if you are hit with regret letters I'd then run to the Catholic schools and Good Shepherd.
Will definitely keep this advise in mind and hopefully I won't need to use it, but again I appreciate this as second choice vs neighborhood public school.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:53 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,754,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I'm hoping that was a joke?

You know that writing a quid-pro-quo check for admissions is A. illegal - bribes always are B. a charter violation of whichever school accreditation group said school is a member. I'm not for a moment claiming that coming from riches and power won't help clearly those things do help.
Made you spit out your morning coffee, eh?

A bribe is a bribe even if its a bubble gum wrapper or flowers. Right?

What about flattery?

LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas