Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2012, 10:51 AM

4 posts, read 9,796 times

Advertisements

Hi All,

We are thinking about building a home with Darling homes in Riverside Village in Irving. Any advice in terms for price, plan, go with another builder, etc would all be very helpful.

Has anyone built with Darling in this neighborhood? Any opinions?

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
DS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 11:28 AM

118 posts, read 252,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DPS825 View Post
Hi All,

We are thinking about building a home with Darling homes in Riverside Village in Irving. Any advice in terms for price, plan, go with another builder, etc would all be very helpful.

Has anyone built with Darling in this neighborhood? Any opinions?

Thanks everyone.

Regards,
DS.
All three builders in that development are good. It all just depends on what kind of house you are looking for. Darling Home builds very nice patio homes. Highland Homes and Coventry Homes are very similar. We went with Coventry Homes and has been happy with our home. They are open to customizing and changing up their standard floorplans to meet your needs and desire. Coventry offers both front entry and rear entry homes....again it all depends on what you're looking for and your budget. PM me if you have any other specific questions.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:42 AM

@DFWtransplant189 - thanks so much for the reply.

We are looking for a small home - max 2500 - 2600 sf.

What type of incentives does Coventy offer? Highland seems to be a little higher priced and doesn't make too much sense for us for a 2500 sf home.

Thanks again.

Old 06-05-2012, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPS825 View Post
@DFWtransplant189 - thanks so much for the reply.

We are looking for a small home - max 2500 - 2600 sf.

What type of incentives does Coventy offer? Highland seems to be a little higher priced and doesn't make too much sense for us for a 2500 sf home.

Thanks again.
That area seems to be in high demand so you won't find much incentives on a new construction. However, I've always been told that you can get a really good deal on their inventory/spec homes that are already built. Darling Homes are beautiful so I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it.

Old 06-05-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWtransplant189 View Post
That area seems to be in high demand so you won't find much incentives on a new construction. However, I've always been told that you can get a really good deal on their inventory/spec homes that are already built. Darling Homes are beautiful so I'm sure you'll be quite happy with it.
Thanks again @DFWtransplant189.

Yes i've seen them offer better deals on inventory homes. At least 15K better in the final price.

Old 06-14-2012, 10:31 AM

Anyone else have any other advice? Thanks.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:06 AM

2 posts, read 4,532 times
I am also building in Riverside village. We went with Coventry because we loved the floor plans and high celings. And the fact they allow us to customize a lot of things. I love the Las Colinas area a lot. It is central to a lot of things. Only thing I wished and that I sacrificed was a recreational center. There has been a delay in building. We were told we will close in December but they have not started building. The reason they gave us was 1) delay in permits from las colinas association and shortage of sub contractor. I was wondering if anyone can comment on new construction and delays. Does that sound strange?

Old 10-08-2012, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodedosu View Post
I am also building in Riverside village. We went with Coventry because we loved the floor plans and high celings. And the fact they allow us to customize a lot of things. I love the Las Colinas area a lot. It is central to a lot of things. Only thing I wished and that I sacrificed was a recreational center. There has been a delay in building. We were told we will close in December but they have not started building. The reason they gave us was 1) delay in permits from las colinas association and shortage of sub contractor. I was wondering if anyone can comment on new construction and delays. Does that sound strange?
There is a lot of construction going on in that area (and around DFW) so the shortage of sub contractors does sound reasonable. I would keep hounding on them, since that shouldn't delay it too long. However, it took Las Colinas a while to approve our permits as well. This is a good thing because Las Colinas is very strict when it comes to what is to be built in this area.

Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: