Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2007, 08:16 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times

Advertisements

today's ftw paper had list of tarrant co schools with merit semi-finalists listed--good number from Flower Mound Marcus HS--not so many from lewisville--

Paschal in FTWISD beat out Southlake Carroll and Trinity HS in HEB had 6 o 7 which is a good number and more than like Aledo--surprisingly Lamar HS in AISD had more than Martin which most people consider the top hs---most came from the Academy for math and science in Denton--a magnet school accepting applicants by test scores and other factors not by residency requirements...

from a quick look seemed that that the split for ethnicity seemed to be Asian like Vietnamese/Korean, Asian as Pakistani/Hindu, and Anglo about by thirds... and there were a fair amount of what seemed to be female names (although so many girls have names that boys can have now it is difficult to be certain which is which sometimes) which was good...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2007, 09:15 AM

2,256 posts, read 9,759,075 times
Nice list! I always like to hear of teens doing good things rather than the opposite.

Old 09-12-2007, 03:28 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,147,800 times
This has not been published yet but if my source is correct - Woodrow had 1 (class of 200), Hillcrest had 3, WT White 1 and TAG 1. Woodrow has had 2 for the past 2-3 years although we have had as many as 6 in the recent past. I think White had 3 last year and Hillcrest had 1. I know RISD's Lake Highlands had 0 last year and it's about 3 times the size of Woodrow's senior class. Hillcrest's senior class is a bit larger than Woodrow's and White's is probably nearly twice as large.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:10 AM

625 posts, read 1,955,779 times
Default Numbers

Interesting how they released these numbers now- I think they are from last year, and have been out for a while. PSAT for this year hasn't even been administered yet.

for what it's worth, I'm kind of surprised- these seem kind of low. All the Plano/Richardson schools usually have between 10-20 NMSF every year, but that could be a reflection of our huge class sizes as well.

also, loves2read, could you refer to Pakistani/Hindu as just South Asian? What you said isn't offensive, but it just...rubs slightly the wrong way. (hinduism is a religion, India is the country, there are lots of muslims in India, Pakistan and India basically hate each other, etc, etc. etc.) I don't mean to jump on you, or anything. I know didn't mean anything by it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas