Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 02:47 PM

2,348 posts, read 4,824,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
You mean its taken Apple 5 generations of I-Phones to get it right with the dropped call issues?

Thanks, but no thanks.
Actually this problem didn't exist in previous generations of the iPhone so really only ONE generation to correct it. Keep the facts straight.

And say what you want, recent surveys have 72% of people still very happy with their iPhones. Pretty solid numbers for device that allegedly drops calls.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2011, 02:49 PM

12,498 posts, read 27,031,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
Actually this problem didn't exist in previous generations of the iPhone so really only ONE generation to correct it. Keep the facts straight.

And say what you want, recent surveys have 72% of people still very happy with their iPhones. Pretty good for device that allegedly drops calls.
Are you kidding me?

My cousin has owned every generation of the I-Phone & they all sucked ass on call quality.

What good is having a cell phone if you can't even talk on it half the time?

Old 09-07-2011, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding me?

My cousin has owned every generation of the I-Phone & they all sucked ass on call quality.
Let me get this straight, because your cousin had a problem a) it's the phones fault not the carrier or user location and b) they all suck ass on call quality.

Quite an intelligent analysis you've done. My statements are based on market research and facts, and actual data not cousin Eddy.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
so because your cousin had a problem a) it's the phones fault not the carrier and b) they all suck ass on call quality.

Quite an intelligent analysis you've done. My statements are based on facts, and actual data not cousin Eddy.
I've done my research on CNET as well as going by personal accounts of people I know that have the darn thing.

Having an I-Phone is like being a part of a cult IMO.

There are MUCH better smart phones out there for the money these days. People are just so bedazzled by their friends getting an I-Phone they have to get one too without knowing all the cons there are to actually owning one.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:14 PM

Quote:
I've done my research on CNET as well as going by personal accounts of people I know that have the darn thing.

Having an I-Phone is like being a part of a cult IMO.

There are MUCH better smart phones out there for the money these days. People are just so bedazzled by their friends getting an I-Phone they have to get one too without knowing all the cons there are to actually owning one.
CNET? C'mon....I know all the cons, and the pros to a level of granularity you might not be interested in-- and I still think they are a great device. Cult mentality or fanboy whatever aside, it's a device that changed the game. Like it or not, respect it (and Apple) for that. Android probably wouldn't exist with the iPhone.

Don't knock the phone because you dislike the people who own them, or your cousin had a bad experience. That's just plain old silly.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:31 PM

2,482 posts, read 6,540,515 times
AT&T handsdown......

Old 09-07-2011, 03:34 PM

Verizon hands down has the best customer service of any of the carriers.

Old 09-07-2011, 03:53 PM

325 posts, read 757,927 times
How about whatever provider you're already on, if you're on an unlimited data plan and can get your self grandfathered in for 4G/LTE service. That way you won't have to pay through the nose for the additional data your downloading (especially if you use hotspot/tethering)...

As for iPhone, I would have been all over that if Verizon had it earlier (when I ended up buying a Droid), and would have switched over from Android if they'd had LTE support for Verizon (when I ended up getting a Thunderbolt). Neither were options for me, so sticking with Verizon and Android phones for forseeable future...

Old 09-07-2011, 05:16 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,462,548 times
LOL...I drop my Motorola SLVR five times a day...it's 5 years old and still works great and gets me the BEST and most consistent phone reception of anyone I know.

Which is why I haven't gotten a smart phone. I need my phone to function first and foremost AS A PHONE. I have internet at home, at work, and in my car...

My favorite memory was at the TX-OU game last year. Everyone else had an iphone...no one could make a call or send a text. Except for me. Get too many of those things in one place and it all falls apart.

Have fun with Angry Birds.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:59 AM

71 posts, read 119,851 times
Quote:
Verizon hands down has the best customer service of any of the carriers.
I wish I could say the same about their landline/internet customer service. Talk about incompetent! But, that's for another thread...

The last time I had Verizon Wireless was back in 2000, on a 30 day trial run (whether or not they or any other carrier still offer those, IDK). Of course, I wasn't with them long enough to judge their customer service. Call quality seemed decent for where I lived at the time (Garland/Sachse area). Never any dropped calls.

I have yet to experience a dropped call here in Allen. It's pretty flat here (except in small pockets) and actually, I believe, it sits slightly higher than other cities nearby. Where my in-laws live in east Plano (Los Rios), it's so hilly there I can't talk to anyone until I'm either at 14th & Los Rios or Los Rios and Park. Too much cutting in and out, again because it's so hilly there. I also don't know where the nearest AT&T tower is for that area...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas