Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2011, 12:14 PM

13 posts, read 22,933 times

Advertisements

I currently live in Frisco , family of 5 , so looking for good schools.I want to be closer to Dallas .Opinions on Canyon Creek?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2011, 12:18 PM

225 posts, read 519,414 times
Hey tennisdork, possible....yes. Depends on what you're looking for. Most homes go for a lot more as it sounds like you know.

Great area by the way...I'm a member at Canyon Creek and love it. I have both golf and tennis, but primarily play tennis up there about 3 times a week.

Ryan

Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM

13 posts, read 22,933 times
Hey Ryan thanks for the response.I looked on Redfin and I am a little confused some houses in Canyon Creek are in Plano isd and some in Richardson isd .I like Peirce High for my kids , are there condos there?I am a member at CC club as well, just for tennis.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:21 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,336,843 times
Check Northwood Hills- think it's 75248, off Hillcrest between 635 & Belt Line. Kids will be in Exemplary schools from K-12 (Westwood Jr High & Richardson HS)- better rating than Pearce.

$200k is going to be difficult, but not impossible.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:09 PM

6,578 posts, read 25,486,454 times
You can get into the area around $200,000 in the Reservation, Estates West, Prestonwood East, Holiday Park, in addition to Canyon Creek. The Collin County Line is nearby and if you are in Collin County you are in Plano schools in that area.

If you are commuting downtown you might want to get more in the middle in-between 75 and the Dallas North Tollway to give yourself options.

Old 11-10-2011, 06:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,844 times
Canyon Creek is not what it was 20 years ago. I have lived in the area my entire life and as a kid played all in and around canyon Creek.

Currently as everyone knows ?? has a huge massive facility on Renner RD and also at the corner of Renner and Custer there is another massive Building.

Since the ?? building has been up and running along with the huge building on the corner of Custer and Renner we have been noticing a foul smell only when the wind is blowing out of the North.

The smell is similar to the smell of Helium.
I have ridden my bicycle all around both buildings trying to figure out the smell. One day when the wind was blowing to the north I was on the service road of the Bush headed East on my bicycle. That's when I knew where the smell was coming from without a doubt.

I believe the smell is coming from the massive Air Liquid Tank area on the North side of ??. Anyone can see the massive exhaust tubes and tanks just drive north on Alma towards the Bush keep looking left you cant miss them.

It was without a doubt coming from that area. I have contacted ?? many times about this matter. At first ?? told me that the the only smell from the air liquid tanks was a poison that is used to kill algae build up in the tanks, Also explained to me that they were well within the standards of the EPA.
Since I have contacted them explaining the smell is still around. I even suggested them putting in 100ft tall exhaust stacks or low stacks with high volume fans. They no longer will respond to me.

I have done what I can to alert the Canyon Creek residents about this matter,Seems I am becoming the target now. This matter does not only effect Canyon Creek but also the apartments directly East of ??, not to mention there is also another community directly north of ?? which is in the town of Plano.

?? is a very big business and could easily manipulate the EPA or even a city.

If you doubt what I am saying just do a little research yourself.
I recommend using google satellite and look at where you live in comparison to the massive exhaust fans on top of the ?? building. or just use the Air liq tanks as a point of ref.
Next find out which way the wind is blowing just type wind direction Plano,TX and there should be a few
different sites that will tell you which way the wind is blowing.

Next time the wind is blowing in your direction from the tank area walk outside and see if you can smell a helium smell with a slight mix of radiator fluid on top of it.

If you want to know for sure what the smell smells like just wait until the wind is blowing out of the south to the north get in your car with the ac off and the heater off. leave your windows closed and drive north on custer, come to the bush service road turn right. When you get towards the end of the shopping center on your right, safely slow to a legal safe speed and drop all of the windows in the car.

If you miss it no big deal just make the left u turn under the bush and circle back around.

I have taken several people on this route because I started thinking I was crazy, everyone who has ridden with me agrees there is a weird smell coming from that direction.

Again please do not target me but rather work with me.
I am not trying to win money or just stir the pot, Respectfully I just want to be able to walk outside and not have to smell a foul odor that is just lingering in my neighborhood anymore.

seems if you are more than a mile from the tanks you may not smell it. To bad for the hundreds of people who do live within a mile of the tanks.

P.S.
If you drive around 635 and 75 there are more tanks over in that direction. I noticed the other day the same smell and to my surprise I was about 1000ft from a huge massive air liq tank area.
same deal.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:36 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,335,054 times
The portions of Richardson in Collin County are PISD. Those in Dallas County are RISD.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:45 PM

10 posts, read 36,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Flanders View Post
Canyon Creek is not what it was 20 years ago. I have lived in the area my entire life and as a kid played all in and around canyon Creek.

Currently as everyone knows ?? has a huge massive facility on Renner RD and also at the corner of Renner and Custer there is another massive Building.

Since the ?? building has been up and running along with the huge building on the corner of Custer and Renner we have been noticing a foul smell only when the wind is blowing out of the North.

The smell is similar to the smell of Helium.
I have ridden my bicycle all around both buildings trying to figure out the smell. One day when the wind was blowing to the north I was on the service road of the Bush headed East on my bicycle. That's when I knew where the smell was coming from without a doubt.

I believe the smell is coming from the massive Air Liquid Tank area on the North side of ??. Anyone can see the massive exhaust tubes and tanks just drive north on Alma towards the Bush keep looking left you cant miss them.

It was without a doubt coming from that area. I have contacted ?? many times about this matter. At first ?? told me that the the only smell from the air liquid tanks was a poison that is used to kill algae build up in the tanks, Also explained to me that they were well within the standards of the EPA.
Since I have contacted them explaining the smell is still around. I even suggested them putting in 100ft tall exhaust stacks or low stacks with high volume fans. They no longer will respond to me.

I have done what I can to alert the Canyon Creek residents about this matter,Seems I am becoming the target now. This matter does not only effect Canyon Creek but also the apartments directly East of ??, not to mention there is also another community directly north of ?? which is in the town of Plano.

?? is a very big business and could easily manipulate the EPA or even a city.

If you doubt what I am saying just do a little research yourself.
I recommend using google satellite and look at where you live in comparison to the massive exhaust fans on top of the ?? building. or just use the Air liq tanks as a point of ref.
Next find out which way the wind is blowing just type wind direction Plano,TX and there should be a few
different sites that will tell you which way the wind is blowing.

Next time the wind is blowing in your direction from the tank area walk outside and see if you can smell a helium smell with a slight mix of radiator fluid on top of it.

If you want to know for sure what the smell smells like just wait until the wind is blowing out of the south to the north get in your car with the ac off and the heater off. leave your windows closed and drive north on custer, come to the bush service road turn right. When you get towards the end of the shopping center on your right, safely slow to a legal safe speed and drop all of the windows in the car.

If you miss it no big deal just make the left u turn under the bush and circle back around.

I have taken several people on this route because I started thinking I was crazy, everyone who has ridden with me agrees there is a weird smell coming from that direction.

Again please do not target me but rather work with me.
I am not trying to win money or just stir the pot, Respectfully I just want to be able to walk outside and not have to smell a foul odor that is just lingering in my neighborhood anymore.

seems if you are more than a mile from the tanks you may not smell it. To bad for the hundreds of people who do live within a mile of the tanks.

P.S.
If you drive around 635 and 75 there are more tanks over in that direction. I noticed the other day the same smell and to my surprise I was about 1000ft from a huge massive air liq tank area.
same deal.

What is the ?? ?? ?? I don't understand what is ?? It sounds like the NSA might be involved here...

Thinking about Canyon Creek though, that is a sexy area for sure.

Old 12-10-2013, 12:24 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,271,668 times
What does a "sexy" neighborhood look like? I'm puzzled.

Naima

Old 12-10-2013, 01:13 AM

794 posts, read 1,672,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
What does a "sexy" neighborhood look like? I'm puzzled.

Naima
:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas