Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 02:16 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,336,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
lol no fun trips like ooo Alaska or a cruise

lol we all could even just make pretend trips for say 6 months down the road as a motivator
Oh, ok. I can handle that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Morning peeps!

I am not feeling my sparkling best today. I feel a cold coming on. Sore throat, stuffy nose, tight chest. Yuck!

Shadow & I have been for our cookie walk this morning. Later we are going to the movies to see Inglorious Basterds. I am going to try to do some touch up painting in my office today.
I hope you feel better, Evey. DH and I want to go see that. Let us know how it is, ok?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickrae View Post
Karla - your little one eats post it notes......too funny. I thought my cat AC was strange trying to eat qtips.

racelady - hope you feel better.

sounds like everyone is busy today.

I am at work as usual but getting hair done at 2, since I leave for Utah tomorrow.

I may make it to the gym today, not sure if I will fit it in. I will haul more old tile to the garbage and boxes to the storage, so that may have to be my exercise.
Oooo! Have a fun trip. And a safe one, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods Voyager View Post
Good afternoon. I really need to 're-lose' the 15 lbs. that I have 're-gained' since my DH latest heart event. I am not getting as much of my walking done as I had. Hate to leave him alone. Guess I'll have to dust off the treadmill and the bike. Trying to eat better also, but for some reason, I've started to snack again and I do know where this leads! So I think I'll encourage DH to do a little walking with me on this pretty nice day. It won't be far but at least get outdoors. Take care.
Hi, girlfriend! Welcome back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 02:18 PM

266 posts, read 870,315 times
Today i went to the gym with my DH. I did the bike for 30 mins which equaled 10.5 miles. After that I worked on my legs with the standard "leg" gym equipment. All went well until the end when i did squats and some sort of thing for my glueteus . Those two equipments tired me out! I didn't want to walk up to my second floor apartment after that hehe.

Karla with a K-- Thats awesome news about getting to start your fundraisers. Congrats!

nomoresnow-- Ick about the dentist. Hope it went well and wasnt too uncomfortable! I feel you on the lack of motivation. I have been feeling motivated the past few days but who knows how long that will last . Im pretty thankful my DH signed up at the gym woth me. He always seems to motivate me ...even if it involves bribing me with a back massage before i fall asleep

racelady88-- I hope you feel better soon. Hope you enjoy the movie and good luck with the painting

fuzzymystic-- Good job with the boost metabolism workout. No idea what it is but sounds exhausting!

Northwoods-- Sorry to hear about your DH. Keep your head up and have a wodnderful day. Enjoy your walk

Old 08-26-2009, 02:44 PM

Thanks, TL. I think we found our new dentist. We had scheduled for a lady dentist, but she got transferred to another location within the same co. We got this young, cute Polish guy (he's been here since he was 14, but he still has that accent!) and he seems very nice. We had xrays done and our exam then he told us the route he wants to take with us. Now, I haven't been since I moved down here and, years ago, I had to go to a periodontist (avoid this at all costs, my friends), so I was a bit nervous about what he'd say but he told both of us we were doing really well and would only need regular cleanings! Woohoo! So we get to go back tomorrow to have our cleanings.

Old 08-26-2009, 03:23 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,249,960 times
I have a trip to the dentist in the near future too, have not been since moving here and today my crown came off. Course I just went and bought the cement for crowns at the drug store and it is safely back in place but am certain this will not hold for any length of time. Dang I hate dentist hunting.
Cassy has been doing her house cleaning again! I have read that in older doggies this can be a sign that the dog is getting senile, sigh a trip to the vet again!! Oh well, she took care of me when I was on treatment last year, guess it is payback time
We have not been for our walk yet, I will wait until about 6 for the temperature to come down.
Have a great evening all.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:11 PM

Hugs to Cassy and her mom, too.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:45 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,249,960 times
We laugh about it Patti, anything she could hurt herself is put up or shut off from her. She is just upset about being left here alone and with her age I know that it is a sign of her becoming senile. Heck her personality is still "mom's home" and wagging tail!!!!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:09 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,229,574 times
it is great to see you NWV !!!
Have you tried any of the walk away the pounds DVD's there great inside exercise !!!

sandy have you tried leaving a radio on for cassy when you are gone
Also leaving her an old t-shirt with your scent may help

There is a med for the separation anxiety I know many young dogs that have had to go on it

evey I hope you feel better !!

Pattie great dentist news I really need to find a new one here

twilight61108 - I asked hubby about joining a gym together yeah that worked out well

rae lo and of course the post it notes are different colors soooooo we have no problem knowing it is him because well lets just say there are some pretty colorful "deposits" in the back yard
Have a safe trip will you have computer access while your there ?

fuzzy you must be getting so excited I just realized how soon billy is going to be home somehow sept sounds far away but it is next week

Hubby & I watched the best 1 hit wonders of the 80's tonight lol it was weird thinking wow was that really 25 years ago when I was out dancing to those songs and of course hubby had to comment
" I was in 5th grade when that song came out "

p.s. i ended up cleaning today I cant wait till the kids get groomed on Friday lots & lots of shedding right now

ok heading off to bed see you all in the morning

Old 08-27-2009, 01:19 AM

25,464 posts, read 13,638,830 times
Hello again. It's after 0200 here and I'm still up. I did manage to get in 2 walks Wednesday. Not far, but at least I did something. Karla, I'll have to look into those DVDs soon. May need something like that to help. Still can't get DH up and out. Just out and in a chair on the patio. But, what the heck. At least that's an improvement!

Thanks to all for the welcome. I need to take the time and come here more often. It's a nice place!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals