Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 03:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,157,714 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

I hope everyone up in the tundra is staying safe and warm

It is going to be a busy day today
I have school at 8:30 ,but I think I am going to "cut" the 3rd class because I have to stop at Sam's club and be home by noon to meet the roof contractor
Hubby is playing golf at 1 so he won't be here

Then more phone calls and I have to finish up getting the tax stuff ready for our apt tomorrow with "Herb the Tax Guy"

So I am taking the day off from exercise

I am going to venture onto the scale to see if there has been anymore progress

So what are you plans for the day ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 05:19 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,396,690 times
Hi Karla, sounds like a busy day.

No real exercises planned for today on my side of the planet. Will visit my uncle today b/c it's his 50th b/day so I'll be eating very nice things this afternoon.

I already did some push-ups and I hope that I will have the drive to do something while watching the food network tonight.

Everybody of you have a great day and stay warm!

Old 01-15-2009, 05:53 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,268,103 times
Morning peeps!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr! It is cold here. Thought I would share this so you folks down in the sunny south can see http://vortex.plymouth.edu/usheat.gif

I have not ventured past the back porch yet this morning. OMG! Is it cold out there. My digital thermometers are both telling me -8.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:39 AM

5,826 posts, read 9,621,068 times
15F here in the mountains and snow falling. I don't mind the cold as long as there is snow to go with it.

I'll be doing some exercises on the Total Gym and trying to get some sort of figure other than round.

Old 01-15-2009, 06:41 AM

4,391 posts, read 9,497,853 times
good morning all,
Race lady - holy moly it's cold in your state. I thought 12 degrees with wind chill of 0 was cold this here this morning.

Karla - good luck with your roof today. Gotta love that golf weather...lucky for your hubby!

I saw my first dust of snow this morning since I have lived here in Oklahoma, so I went out and took a picture to send to my kids in Utah. They are sick of the snow there!

I plan on going to the gym after I get off work at 3.

Hope y'all have a great day!

Old 01-15-2009, 07:04 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,268,103 times
O.K., Shadow & I have walked, sort of. I have finally found winter weather that bothers my dog.

The 6+ inches of snow that fell yesterday did not bother her a bit yesterday. Today it is 25 degrees colder and apparently the snow was clumping between her toes. She did not like that sensation. She finally decided that the middle of the road was a much better place to walk. And she headed directly home.

Since I was already bundled up I decided to do a little snow removal. I have front & back porch and a total of 15 steps plus the side walk. My house is on the corner so I have extra sidewalk. Now I am huffing & puffing but the snow is gone. Good thing it was a dry snow. I was able to use the broom and sweep it away.

Old 01-15-2009, 10:00 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,371,908 times
It's winter in Wisconsin
And the gentle breezes blow
Seventy miles an hour
At twenty-five below.
Oh, how I love Wisconsin
When the snow's up to your butt
You take a breath of winter
And your nose gets frozen shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful
So I guess I'll hang around
I could never leave Wisconsin
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!

It's looks nice and sunny outside, until you actually walk out and the wind hits you. They weren't kidding when they said it would feel like -36. My poor dog did his business then shot straight back into the house

I'm going to do some streching and abs at home today. Haven't completely shook this cold, so nothing too strenuous. I'm hoping tomorrow I'll get back in the gym as I don't think I'm contagious. I probably got it from there since one woman thinks it's ok to workout while sick. Funny thing is she spends more time telling everyone how sick she is!!! DUH!

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Old 01-15-2009, 01:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,553,793 times
Wink Miss Karla cutting class???

Tet-did you write that? It's great!

This morning, early, I turned ont he tv and it was nine below zero. So I got up, peed, and turned the heat up and went back to bed! I don't get up early anyway, but when it's this cold, it makes it all the harder.

So, today I did the cardio scult thing, boy that's a good one! And the pilates abs, which I'm starting to get the hang of! So all together about 20 minutes. I'm feeling it though, so hopefully that means it's doing something.

Evey, I'm glad it finally got too cold for Shadow-I remember how you wroteabout how she didn't like the heat during the summer, sounds like she's been in her glory!

Shoot! Look at the time! Well, have a good Thursday [what? huh!] everyone.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:43 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,371,908 times
Oh, I wish I had wrote that poem fuzzy!

Got my stretches and abs done.

Karla, I am amazed how people are able to get their taxes done so early. We haven't received any paperwork yet like W2s, investment info', bank info', etc.

Old 01-15-2009, 04:40 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,157,714 times
hey all
and hello Ms AliceT nice to see you

well got a lot done today
for some reason the roofer got tied up with NN house so we will have to meet tomorrow

I am going to really have to consider boarding the dogs when they replace the roof I can't imagine how the noise is going to affect them
The hammering sounds like someone is knocking so I can imagine Lola going nuts all day

tet that poem is too funny
I remember the nose freezing shut feeling

We will know tomorrow how hard the freeze will be tomorrow night if it turns out to be 10 to 12 hours there will be lots of covering and moving of plants going on farther inland thay are saying temps down into the teens

The reason we are able to get our taxes done so early is hubbys company put their w2's on line so all I had to do was print it out

the rest of the stuff like bank info and mortgage interest I was able to get on line
I have everything separated into their own envelopes and them & the other paperwork is in the famous Zip lock bag lol

I ran around the back yard with chaos for 30 mins again today lol the roofers on NN house which is right across the pond were very entertained

has any one heard from song ?

and I see miss pattie hasn't stopped into visit

ok hubby dinner is beeping so I will see you all in the am
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals