Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2015, 10:28 AM

20,073 posts, read 12,375,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeHa View Post
Wow, only 26 posts into a topic about police before the Hitler card gets thrown. That was quick.

Godwins Law strikes again.
Twice!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2015, 11:22 AM
nei nei won $500 in our forum's Most Engaging Poster Contest - Thirteenth Edition (Jan-Feb 2015). 

Over $104,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum and additional contests are planned

45,983 posts, read 53,982,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
You typically need a warrant for a search and seizure, not to enter a home to investigate....the officer asks very early on to step outside. The officer was professional, and these punks wanted to engage in a negotiation and at one point, one of the idiots tried to shut the door on the officer. Multiple times the officer requested them to step outside, and each time he was met by refusal. So let me ask you, should the officer just sit there and negotiate? "Step outside" is not a request, it's an ORDER....JUST DO IT
He should have not have used a taser and beaten him. Just because he's not following orders doesn't mean the officers can use any level of force.

Old 11-10-2015, 11:27 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,937,989 times
Why can't people learn to turn their phones sideways for wide angle...

Old 11-10-2015, 11:30 AM

1,069 posts, read 722,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei View Post
He should have not have used a taser and beaten him. Just because he's not following orders doesn't mean the officers can use any level of force.
Again, watch the video....he was resisting from as soon as the video started rolling, he had to be DRAGGED out of the apartment, resisting the whole time....yup, you act like that, you need to get zapped

Old 11-10-2015, 12:37 PM

5,444 posts, read 7,069,994 times
Count me as one of those that really don't care about these idiots. You break the law, you resist the police, you face the consequences. If that means you get tazed and get a beating, so be it.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:41 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,595,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
The officers reportedly responded to a noise complaint at a University of Alabama off-campus apartment just before 3:30 a.m. on Sunday. The timeline of the events is unclear, but several videos showing different angles of the incident have surfaced on social media.

One video appears to depict an officer standing in the doorway and speaking to people inside the apartment. The individuals inside are heard refusing to leave and instead ask whether the officers have the right to search their apartment.

"Do you have a warrant?" a voice off-camera asks the officer.

"I don't have to have a warrant," the officer responds, before yelling, "I'm going to ask you one more time to get outside, now!"

The students question whether they are being arrested or detained and inform the officer that they are taping the incident.

A group of officers ultimately enter the apartment. Footage taken from the hallway of the building appears to show police pulling at least one man from the doorway and pushing him up against a wall before one of the officers uses a stun gun on his body. Another officer appears to beat the student repeatedly with a baton.
I'm hoping this is the same group of assclowns that was hanging that ugly Hurricane Katrina banner.

Old 11-10-2015, 12:57 PM

500 posts, read 592,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I'm hoping this is the same group of assclowns that was hanging that ugly Hurricane Katrina banner.
No, it was not.

I know where both places are.

Old 11-10-2015, 01:02 PM

500 posts, read 592,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Again, watch the video....he was resisting from as soon as the video started rolling, he had to be DRAGGED out of the apartment, resisting the whole time....yup, you act like that, you need to get zapped
My daughter at UA sent me the video first. Then I found the others.

My response, if one of those was my kid, she would be BEGGING for the PD to not call her parents.
Alas, I would have to go but, before I bailed her ass out I would have already been to her apartment, packed everything up and then it would be a long drive back home. Clearly, they demonstrated they have some issues and I am not spending my dime for them to behave like this. Most of the UA parents believe this way as well.

If they are paying their own way 100%, passing all of their classes, then they can behave how they want. Just know that there are consequences and they may not always be pretty nor favorable.

Old 11-10-2015, 02:46 PM

79,600 posts, read 61,805,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Yes, "get your belongings and get in the truck", that was frequently heard in Germany in the 30s, how did that turn out.

Best not to question anything.
Nazi reference? Really?

Spoiled special snowflakes want to act however they want and their rights don't stop at the tip of other peoples nose....because they're special.

So if they are being drunken d-bags to their neighbors at 3:30AM and the cops show up...they are somehow akin to the victims of Nazi genocide.

Go cry somewhere else with the rest of the snowflakes.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:32 PM

9,692 posts, read 7,487,305 times
its 3:30 in the morning, he deserved to be tazed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events