Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2015, 08:21 PM

273 posts, read 202,293 times

Advertisements

LMAO, noise complaint!
This makes me happy I don't live in such a crappy apartment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2015, 08:43 PM

15,560 posts, read 10,567,676 times
A bunch of loud college kids in an apartment? I think I'll save my outrage for something more important.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:26 PM

51,093 posts, read 24,599,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
Maybe next time they will do what they are TOLD to do....the new entitled mindset is they can negotiate. It's not a negotiation, it's an ORDER....FOLLOW IT AND SHUT YOUR MOUTH
I can agree with that...in this situation.

But I also am beginning to think that police officers ought to have testosterone reduction therapy. Too much violence that was unnecessary.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:27 PM

51,093 posts, read 24,599,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple View Post
You typically need a warrant for a search and seizure, not to enter a home to investigate....the officer asks very early on to step outside. The officer was professional, and these punks wanted to engage in a negotiation and at one point, one of the idiots tried to shut the door on the officer. Multiple times the officer requested them to step outside, and each time he was met by refusal. So let me ask you, should the officer just sit there and negotiate? "Step outside" is not a request, it's an ORDER....JUST DO IT
You're missing the point; you usually do.

The police officers certainly had the right to respond to a police call.

But the violence was about ten-fold what it needed to be.

Old 11-09-2015, 10:55 PM

26,272 posts, read 8,455,119 times
The problem with university students is that they think the world revolves around them. They are selfish, and cause late night noise problems here in England. They walk the streets shouting and singing in the early hours of the morning. Once arriving at their overcrowded rented student apartments, many decide a party sounds like a good idea.

Many of these kids make their nearby neighbour's life a misery. I wish our police would treat them exactly the same as I saw in this video. Never too early to learn a good life lesson........ go out, enjoy yourselves, but go home quietly, and think about the folks who live around you, who may have more to do, than going to school the next day.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:03 PM

500 posts, read 586,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
I agree. I believe if one stepped outside from the beginning to possible talk to the cop, everything would have been fine. I am sure alcohol was a factor ... Cops usually give warnings on noise complaints..

Unsure about the whole police department showing up though.

I have a student at UA. I'll add what I know since I found out about this last night.

There was a HUGE football game on Saturday night at UA, in case you did not know

LSU vs Alabama
This is always a HUGE game and even more so this year since the losing team was going to be knocked out of any playoff hopes. Even without that, this is never a good crowd! I won't go into the details behind all of that, just know that 2 years ago, a grown LSU fan tried to pick a fight with my 105 lb daughter after the game. She did not bite so he moved onto another target.
However, so many fans from both teams come to this game even if they do not have a ticket. An easy 150,000 extra people IN Tuscaloosa for this game.

Tuscaloosa PD and UAPD had alraedy sent out a bulletin that they were going to make sure that both departments were in full force before, during and after the game. This was good news for UA parents and students.

From what I have heard, this was the THIRD call they had to this off campus apartment. The location of the apartment is literally right behind the busiest place on The Strip, a collection of restaurants, bars, etc that is on the edge of campus and right by the stadium. After games, The Strip is literally PACKED! This is where most of the officers were staged and patrol as they are for every home game, as well as on the immediate surrounding streets. My own place is 2 blocks from The Strip and on game days all thru the night I see TPD up and down the street non stop just patrolling. Lots of kids on foot so they are there to protect them.

With this call coming in after 3:00am, most of the action on The Strip had died down, bars close at 2:00am. Even my own kid was home in bed. There was not much going on and you have a large police force in very close proximity. They patrol on foot, bicycle, golf cart and patrol car. The first officer had a partner with him but notice that partner was not up at the door, just the one. If I had to guess, some of the officers that were in the vicinity made their way that diretion just for something to do or in case they were needed, OR to wrap up the night, discuss events and head back in since their shift was about over. This is why you see such a large PD force show up once things escalated. The partner standing in the back may have called for backup once he noticed things were going south. It literally would only take them 2 minutes max to show up. I could walk to that location on a leisurely stroll in 5 minutes.

IMHO, the girl in the background screaming needs to SHUT UP! She is not helping!
As others have said, if the guy that is probably the resident had simply stepped outside as soon as he opened the door, closed the door behind him so the rest of the partiers would not make fools of themselves, told the officer, "yes sir, I understand. We will call it a night. Thank you" I am pretty sure no one would even know this happened. That was not the case. It only takes a few minutes to change things from being okay and no harm to totally blown out of the water.

No, I am not condoning the officer tasing and then the other hitting the guy once he was down. This is a good lesson for all to know that it really is not that hard to just say, thank you officer, we will take care of this now.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:10 PM

500 posts, read 586,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
The problem with university students is that they think the world revolves around them. They are selfish, and cause late night noise problems here in England. They walk the streets shouting and singing in the early hours of the morning. Once arriving at their overcrowded rented student apartments, many decide a party sounds like a good idea.

Many of these kids make their nearby neighbour's life a misery. I wish our police would treat them exactly the same as I saw in this video. Never too early to learn a good life lesson........ go out, enjoy yourselves, but go home quietly, and think about the folks who live around you, who may have more to do, than going to school the next day.
HAHAHA, my college daughter at UA has actually called management and the next time will be calling the police about the neighbor above them. The neighbor is a grown man about 55-60 years old. He is LOUD!
I've suffered thru it myself when I stayed at her place a few weeks back. All night long, stomping back and forth so loud that every single thing rattled. Like they were clog dancing all night. Then the music!
I almost went up there!

Noise if fine and we all know that apartments are not the best insulated, especially apartments that are for studnet housing. I can deal with some and even late. But, when it goes all stinking night long, no. Then you have the ones that have their music so loud even if just 2 of them and want to carry on a conversation. They have to sream to hear each other. I'm like, just turn the damn music down! Then you can have a legit convo.

Old 11-09-2015, 11:26 PM

26,143 posts, read 19,920,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keep It Simple
Maybe next time they will do what they are TOLD to do
Yes today its very scary not to!!

Old 11-09-2015, 11:37 PM

12,547 posts, read 9,985,856 times
I'm mad at the cops for not tasing that screaming woman ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events