Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 08:19 AM

17,655 posts, read 17,769,149 times

Advertisements

Anyone who's watched police videos has seen criminals repeatedly hitting themselves and threatening to file charges of police brutality. They only stop when the cop points out they're being recorded. I believe this self inflicted death may be possible because he was shackled and it was a moving vehicle. He may not have intended to hit his head with enough force to kill himself, but he could have hit harder than he intended due to vehicle motion and shackles limiting his mobility. He should have been buckled in but I'm not sure he could not remove the seat belt if he truly wanted to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 08:21 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,380,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Javacoffee View Post
If Freddie got the "nickle ride", so should the offer guy in the wagon have suffered the same fate, but he's not harmed. He's not screaming about a rough ride. He's saying just the opposite. It's looking more and more like Freddie was trying to pull a fast one by banging himself up, trying to make the cops look brutal...but he slipped while handcuffed, hit his head, snapped his own neck and lost the game.
watch the video I posted, then come back and tell me how he managed to do this to himself: break 3 vertebrae, suffer a severe head injury and have the fractured vertebrae nearly (80%) sever his spinal column

Old 05-01-2015, 08:24 AM

42,868 posts, read 26,380,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
Anyone who's watched police videos has seen criminals repeatedly hitting themselves and threatening to file charges of police brutality. They only stop when the cop points out they're being recorded. I believe this self inflicted death may be possible because he was shackled and it was a moving vehicle. He may not have intended to hit his head with enough force to kill himself, but he could have hit harder than he intended due to vehicle motion and shackles limiting his mobility. He should have been buckled in but I'm not sure he could not remove the seat belt if he truly wanted to.
Forensic pathologist weighs in on Gray death | MSNBC

watch this then tell me how he did this to himself

Old 05-01-2015, 08:31 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,619,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Some of the people rioting would not bother to watch a video of Freddie Gray banging his own head, if such a video were available, because it would not fit their expectations of what happened. Some were just determined to riot for show.
Some of the thugs (which is a color blind word describing anyone who would do the things that these idiots have been doing) wouldn't believe that their dear Freddie Gray committed suicide if the video showed him with a loaded gun in his hand, viewing him pulling the trigger and scattering his brains throughout the room.

They don't use Freddie Gray's death for anything more than an EXCUSE to rob, burn, loot and pillage their own freakin' community... which again, shows their own stupidity.

"Let's burn down these locally owned businesses in our own community to show how upset we are that someone died while not clouding the situation with facts of how he died."

Old 05-01-2015, 08:37 AM

2,852 posts, read 1,619,218 times
Quote:
If Freddie got the "nickle ride", so should the offer guy in the wagon have suffered the same fate, but he's not harmed. He's not screaming about a rough ride. He's saying just the opposite. It's looking more and more like Freddie was trying to pull a fast one by banging himself up, trying to make the cops look brutal...but he slipped while handcuffed, hit his head, snapped his own neck and lost the game.
Darwin was an optimist.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:38 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,250,724 times
Quote:
The other guy got picked up later than Freddie. Anything is conceivable and we can speculate about any number of scenarios but the preponderance of the evidence seems to suggest something other than accidental suicide.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,055,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
One really has to marvel at the white washing abilities of the cop apologists. There's nothing they can't excuse away. It's always an accident, always justifiable.
And then there's the people who will only believe the worst (Hands up Don't Shoot) even when proven wrong.

Old 05-01-2015, 08:56 AM

16 posts, read 16,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I have to ask why he was not belted and secured in the van rather than standing in the van?

I suppose significantly more information will come out in the next few days, but even accepting the ME report at face value, there are still a lot of questions that need to be answered (like why wasn't he belted in). However, the cops "murdering" him is an unlikely scenario based on the ME report, but still, he did die in police custody, and that is ALWAYS a bad thing!

Because the police were not required to belt them in the vans. That requirement changed 3 days prior to the incident but the head of the Police union said that officers do not always get information on a small change like that timely and in this case it looks like they didn't.
At first thought one wonders why, especially when you or I are required to wear a belt in our own cars, suspects were not required to be belted. However, when you understand the actions of some arresttees it becomes less of a puzzle - especially seeing the size/strength of some of them. It's tough enough belting your toddler into a car seat when they are fighting it, imagine trying it on a 250 pound full grown man.

All of these deaths are unfortunate all the way around, there's a value to every life and to the lives affected by events like this. It's also unfortunate that the DOJ is jumping in immediately because their involvement ultimately ends up taking police work out of local control and under Federal control. Looking at the recent militarization of police forces nationwide (via Federal dollars/equipment, with strings attached) along with the increase in Federal involvement in local incidents someone with a more cynical mind might start to wonder where it's all headed.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:00 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,184,953 times
Oops.

Old 05-01-2015, 09:16 AM

7,580 posts, read 5,341,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
Because the police were not required to belt them in the vans. That requirement changed 3 days prior to the incident but the head of the Police union said blah, blah, blah...
Freddie Gray death ruled homicide; officers charged - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events