Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 04:42 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,328 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YV0...ature=youtu.be

In this video, at 2:24, he can be seen standing on the back edge of the van, with the top of his head higher than the top of the van, then he ducked down to enter the van.
I wonder where the rest of the video is. The guy recording says he's been recording, so there must be more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 04:44 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,237,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
BUT, do you have the same outrage when sports fan burn cars and carried on to causing fires and property destructions after a game doesn't go the way they wished? As well as any other young people riotings that occur...Anytime it does..It's described as Young people out of control..Kids will be kids mentality...So by given your very own designation of "A-Hole" protesters which BTW only happened ONE afternoon/evening ( 4 days ago)..then community came out to take back their streets and KIDS..so won't happen again...Unlike any accountability for those sports fans/kids causing millions of dollars of damage were never held to accounts much less labeled as Thugs or A-Holes...Gotta Love the double standards!!
I'll go there with you. White kids rioting and destroying property after a sporting event are thugs and should be arrested.

Hispanic kids rioting and destroying property over a soccer match are thugs and should be arrested.

Asian kids rioting and destroying property... oops, never mind.

Look, rioting, regardless of race, or reason is unacceptable. Mob actions always have significantly bad consequences for a host of innocent people, and almost never an upside.

How does burning down buildings, looting stores, attacking and in some cases killing people for being the wrong race in the wrong location at the wrong time do ANYTHING to correct the wrong the riot is "supposedly" about? It doesn't. But it sure does screw the local population, that generally speaking, already have limited opportunities, safety, and protection within their community.

Rioting is an excuse for thugs to act thuggish and participate in criminal behavior with a more limited potential for being caught, arrested, tried, and convicted. That's true whether it's a sports riot, or the riots recently in Ferguson, Baltimore, et al.

Old 05-01-2015, 04:45 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,425,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Limp legs mean nothing to me... I have experienced many people that make you comlmetely drag them as dead weight... funny.. going to jail is not something most people jump up and say..hey.. I want to go with you... it rarely happens...

I want verifiable evidence
How many of them ended up dead in your custody?

Old 05-01-2015, 04:51 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trishguard View Post
how many of them ended up dead in your custody?
this ^

Old 05-01-2015, 05:03 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I'll go there with you. White kids rioting and destroying property after a sporting event are thugs and should be arrested.

Hispanic kids rioting and destroying property over a soccer match are thugs and should be arrested.

Asian kids rioting and destroying property... oops, never mind.

Look, rioting, regardless of race, or reason is unacceptable. Mob actions always have significantly bad consequences for a host of innocent people, and almost never an upside.

How does burning down buildings, looting stores, attacking and in some cases killing people for being the wrong race in the wrong location at the wrong time do ANYTHING to correct the wrong the riot is "supposedly" about? It doesn't. But it sure does screw the local population, that generally speaking, already have limited opportunities, safety, and protection within their community.

Rioting is an excuse for thugs to act thuggish and participate in criminal behavior with a more limited potential for being caught, arrested, tried, and convicted. That's true whether it's a sports riot, or the riots recently in Ferguson, Baltimore, et al.
I totally agree..No violence/rioting/destruction of property is ever acceptable..BUT for some reason it gets portrayed far differently by media and pundits DIFFERENTLY..which was my whole point..I've been around a very long time and noted the difference in how riots get portrayed when it's non-black community protests/riots/destructions...

Having said all that tho..Protests have been going on for decades too..and these protestors have been called all sorts of names..people arrested and maltreated and claim abuse are called all sorts of names..and ALWAYS called FALSE CLAIMS because Police do NO WRONG...NOW come 2015..Video of such abuses..are exposing those claims as real..and validated in general...OF course all complaints aren't valid..just like ALL Cops are NOT Bad...What I have found tho is there's some sort of painting that ALL protesters are BAD/Rioters and worse..then when one or two cops get caught..Then when pointed out..It's claimed they are blaming ALL Cops...It's the playbook Ive read/watched for too long..and seems to be done by a certain segment of society

Old 05-01-2015, 05:19 PM

27,149 posts, read 15,327,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spelunker View Post
Because the police were not required to belt them in the vans. That requirement changed 3 days prior to the incident but the head of the Police union said that officers do not always get information on a small change like that timely and in this case it looks like they didn't.
At first thought one wonders why, especially when you or I are required to wear a belt in our own cars, suspects were not required to be belted. However, when you understand the actions of some arresttees it becomes less of a puzzle - especially seeing the size/strength of some of them. It's tough enough belting your toddler into a car seat when they are fighting it, imagine trying it on a 250 pound full grown man.

All of these deaths are unfortunate all the way around, there's a value to every life and to the lives affected by events like this. It's also unfortunate that the DOJ is jumping in immediately because their involvement ultimately ends up taking police work out of local control and under Federal control. Looking at the recent militarization of police forces nationwide (via Federal dollars/equipment, with strings attached) along with the increase in Federal involvement in local incidents someone with a more cynical mind might start to wonder where it's all headed.

I protest no seatbelts on School Buses for our children.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I protest no seatbelts on School Buses for our children.
It appears no matter what Fed's pass as required..State are always given the choice whether or not o institutes such laws..SO maybe look to your own State to complain.....I can only speak to OUR laws in Canada...It's been mandatory for decades that School buses have dealt belts and emergency exit's well marked and operator's such vehicles are trained to know of such..( My SIL is a such Bus driver..and knows full well ALL procedures) So unless State's deny such safety enforcement..THAT's on them..Not The Fed's which seems to be the failsafe excuse for everything

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards and Regulations

Just a snip..and obviously standards have been around for a very long time!!

This booklet lists the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards in effect as of December 1998, and provides a brief description of each safety standard. It also provides a brief description of other Federal consumer information regulations and requirements.

Old 05-01-2015, 07:44 PM

3,875 posts, read 4,700,158 times
Waldokitty
Lyndarn did not personally attack you.
You were described as being obstinate. That's hardly a "personal attack" as you described it.
But your use of the attack charge gave you an out to skip answering the substantive portion of Lyndarn's post.
It's all very interesting how you & others here are willing to call out what you see as the rush to judgment by those who think the B.P.D. is in the wrong but yet are wiling to rush to judgment in total support of the B.P.D. as regards it's original police report as well as the subsequent material that was leaked to support that report & cut the victim down.
That's a double standard methinks.

Old 05-01-2015, 11:28 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,698,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J View Post
Good luck getting the masses rioters and white guilter's to believe that even if it's 100% true.
By white guilters, I'm sure you mean the ones on the right-wing side.

Old 05-02-2015, 02:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atler8 View Post
Waldokitty
Lyndarn did not personally attack you.
You were described as being obstinate. That's hardly a "personal attack" as you described it.
But your use of the attack charge gave you an out to skip answering the substantive portion of Lyndarn's post.
It's all very interesting how you & others here are willing to call out what you see as the rush to judgment by those who think the B.P.D. is in the wrong but yet are wiling to rush to judgment in total support of the B.P.D. as regards it's original police report as well as the subsequent material that was leaked to support that report & cut the victim down.
That's a double standard methinks.
You make post where I'm the subject, instead of topic, which only means you have heard me say something that you don't like, but can't make a logical argument as to why. Thus you are left with trying to discredit me with insult such as being obstinate. When I such as that, I don't bother with the rest of the post because anyone using such tactics isn't worth my time.

Too bad if there was something relevant in the post. The party should have thought of that before making it personal. I hope this clears it up for you. If not, I don't really care. I suggest you read the TOS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Current Events