Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 09:19 PM

8 posts, read 20,505 times

Advertisements

It is really hard for me to write this, but I feel like it needs to be said.

I moved to Stratford with my sons a little over two years ago from Newark, NJ. I was offered a great job in CT and I felt like it was a great opportunity for us to get out of a deteriorating situation where we lived and still be close enough to get back to Jersey on the weekend to see family.

The second week of school for my oldest boy he was confronted by a gang known as the Bloods. At first I thought they were a bunch of wanna be gangstas but about a week later my nephew in Newark called me and told me that Bloods in Newark had been asking him about my son. They wanted to know if he had any gang affiliations and if he had beef with any of their people in Jersey!!!!! I couldn't believe it! We moved to CT to get away from this garbage. I have seen too many young lives cut short by gang violence in NJ. Since that time he told me that people in the bloods in Stratford have put a gun on him twice. I have raised my son to be a gentleman. He studies and plays sports. He is on his way to enter college and a good career, I am always worried about him here.

Stratford has had stabbings, rapes, and brawls in the high schools. I have learned that the hood is the hood, doesn't matter if it is Jersey or CT. There were so many shootings near my house this summer that were not reported by the media. My friend is a cop here and he told me this is by design because the local gov doesn't want bad press.

I just hope and pray that our young people will look to God and find healing and compasion for each other. Honestly, I think about moving back to Newark because at least there I have the support of my two sisters. The market is so bad that I'm stuck here.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:59 PM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,188 times
How sad. What a degenerate nation we're becoming. Talk to school officials, police, newspapers. Don't accept it. Do what you have to to get your son out of that situation. His life is at stake. What's more important? Just don't go to Bridgeport it's even worse.

Old 02-26-2009, 01:11 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj_tanya View Post
It is really hard for me to write this, but I feel like it needs to be said.

The second week of school for my oldest boy he was confronted by a gang known as the Bloods.
Which school did this occur at?

Quote:
Stratford has had stabbings, rapes, and brawls in the high schools.
If you have concrete information here, you should share it. When and at which schools did these unreported incidents occur?

Quote:
There were so many shootings near my house this summer that were not reported by the media.
What area are you in? Did you contact Richard Weizel of the Connecticut Post to discuss any of this? He covers Stratford and loves to sensationalize stories.

Quote:
My friend is a cop here and he told me this is by design because the local gov doesn't want bad press.
A "friend"? Without a name here, your statement above sounds pretty ridiculous.

Quote:
Honestly, I think about moving back to Newark because at least there I have the support of my two sisters.
You're claiming that you feel your son's life is at risk here, yet you're still here? You also claimed that your "nephew" from Newark claimed that the gangstas there were out for your son also. But, you would like to move back to Newark?

I'm going to be as direct as JViello here.

-Anxiously awaiting your response.

Last edited by JayCT; 02-27-2009 at 07:45 AM.. Reason: Removed insulting remarks

Old 02-26-2009, 01:17 AM

8,777 posts, read 19,863,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
Talk to school officials, police, newspapers. Don't accept it. Do what you have to to get your son out of that situation. His life is at stake. What's more important?
But she wants to bring him back to Newark, where the Bloods are also after him!!!!!! I'm calling bull-s**t on Tanya's saga, unless she can present some concrete info to support her assertions, in which case i would graciously apologize to her.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:02 AM

132 posts, read 331,594 times
I find this odd too. If your son is having such issues, there has got to be a reason for it. Sounds to me like the issue followed him from Newark to CT. And if you really feared for your son's life, why would you move an hour away within the same metro area? Move to Wisconsin or North Carolina.

These accusations just don't add up and frankly it sounds like the OP came to the forum with an agenda. And like SCR, if I am mistaken, my apologies.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:26 AM

756 posts, read 2,219,152 times
Bunnell High School just recently had a brawl at their talent show where 2 white girls were shouting racial slurs and profanity to a black girl performing.

I have no idea if it's gang related, but Bunnell has a lot of racial tension and it is supposedly the better of the two high schools in town.

Old 02-26-2009, 06:32 AM

722 posts, read 1,982,764 times
hmm..

I have a buddy from fairfield county that lives on my floor. He says that most of the cities in the county are getting into that gang sh*t. I didn't believe him but then again I dont live dont there so I cant tell if he's lying or not.

So u guys are saying there's no problem with this stuff down there?

Old 02-26-2009, 06:36 AM

722 posts, read 1,982,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratford, Ct. Resident View Post
A "friend"? Without a name here, your statement above sounds pretty ridiculous.

You guys shouldnt be surprised by this. I think this happens alot with cities in western Connecticut. How often do u hear about crime in Waterbury and Bridgeport compared with New Haven or Hartford?

Plus if I knew someone that was a cop, I wouldn't say his name on a board like this either.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:03 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,538,899 times
^^^ not to mention that Stratford is pretty close to Bridgeport where i would definitely suspect gang activity..

Old 02-26-2009, 07:36 AM

235 posts, read 783,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcfamily View Post
I have no idea if it's gang related, but Bunnell has a lot of racial tension.
Hmmm... I know at least six families in my neighborhood with kids at Bunnell (or those who recently graduated), who would either laugh at this statement, or be upset by it. I presume you have grounds for stating such a thing? If so, I'd love to hear them, so I can take a decision to relocate to a better district in 11 years. Maybe Newark ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut