Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2007, 04:50 PM

244 posts, read 1,092,778 times

Advertisements

I'm interested in Greenwich, CT. My family is looking for a cottage/summer house there because we like to summer in New York when we're not down in Florida with the yacht.

We've typically always stayed in the city, but living in Connecticut seems to be a more ideal choice. Greenwich, being relatively close to NYC, and because of it's beauty was an obvious choice.

I'm also curious about the nightlife, sporting events (canoeing, etc), and other activities to do in the area.

Also, how accepted are non-whites in these Connecticut cities?

Thanks for the input! Another consideration might be Darien.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2007, 08:05 PM

93 posts, read 394,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UTSASTUD View Post
I'm interested in Greenwich, CT. My family is looking for a cottage/summer house there because we like to summer in New York when we're not down in Florida with the yacht.

We've typically always stayed in the city, but living in Connecticut seems to be a more ideal choice. Greenwich, being relatively close to NYC, and because of it's beauty was an obvious choice.

I'm also curious about the nightlife, sporting events (canoeing, etc), and other activities to do in the area.

Also, how accepted are non-whites in these Connecticut cities?

Thanks for the input! Another consideration might be Darien.
Greenwich is a nice town, but very busy as I-95 runs right through town. Cottages in Greenwich are becoming very rare because most of the old, smaller homes in town are being torn down and replaced with very large houses. In comparison to much of Connecticut, I think of Greenwich as being among the least peaceful towns to reside in. Same goes for Darien, New Canaan, Westport and Fairfield, in my opinion.

If you're looking for a cottage within a short drive of the city, i'd suggest checking out other towns such as Weston or Redding. These are very rural towns. Even better, if you don't mind driving an extra 20-30 minutes, the towns along Candlewood Lake offer pleasant living (New Fairfield, Sherman or Brookfield). There are a variety of homes on the lake, from cottages to mansions. I think you'll find what you're looking for here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut