Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2007, 08:31 PM

4 posts, read 35,867 times

Advertisements

Hello, I heard that you could describe Fairfield as having 10 different neighborhoods - I don't know what they are or what they might be like. Can anyone describe them or some of them for me? Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2007, 05:05 PM

4 posts, read 35,867 times
Default Southport?

Can anyone describe what living in Southport is like? THanks!!

Old 01-03-2007, 05:13 PM

439 posts, read 722,447 times
Fairfield is a pleasant town to live- some areas middle class, others very $$$- I cannot answer your question re: '10 neighborhoods'

Southport is 'old money' A very wealthy town on LI Sound. It is adjacent to Fairfield.

Old 01-03-2007, 10:28 PM

2,102 posts, read 7,761,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLion View Post
Fairfield is a pleasant town to live- some areas middle class, others very $$$- I cannot answer your question re: '10 neighborhoods'

Southport is 'old money' A very wealthy town on LI Sound. It is adjacent to Fairfield.
Southport is a section of the town of Fairfield.

Old 02-08-2007, 12:05 AM

4 posts, read 23,923 times
Default Fairfield neighborhoods

Southport is on the water, the southernmost are of Fairfield, adjacent to Westport. It is beautiful and expensive, and very accessible to I-95 and the Post Rd (US 1) which is a developed retail are. Many people commute to NYC, seems to have the most people without kids, and retirees. Lots of expensive condos (million dollar range).

Greenfield Hill is the expensive, fancy area in the northern part ot town. Much less develpoment, homes with lots of acreage, horses, etc. Many affluent families, many people work in finance. Located north of Merritt Parkway (Rt. 15).

Stratfield is an older neighborhood with smaller lots, homes closer together, but very family friendly and safe. Somewhat less expensive. Has a nice "neighborhood" feeling, you will actually know and speak with your neighbors here.

Tunxis Hill area, including Villa Avenue is not so nice, less afluent, higher crime area, adjacent to Bridgeport. Also lower Black Rock Turnpike (south of the intersection of Tunxis Hill Rd) is industrial and not so nice as a residential area.

Lake Hills and the Lake Mohegan area are very nice, family oriented areas, off of Black Rock Turnpike (a prety developed retail street). There is a public lake with playground and mini-water park (Lake Mohegan) and a private lake (Lake Hills), both of which are beautiful in the summer and good alternatives to the beaches.

Let me know if you have any more questions or want more details about any particular neighborhood, or if there's something you're looking for, or trying to avoid.

Good luck!

Old 03-08-2007, 02:55 AM

5 posts, read 36,511 times
Smile Fairfield Neighborhoods

Hi.

My wife and I have spent four years in New Zealand, after living in Brooklyn, and we are moving to Fairfield in July. Plan to rent first. Kids are 12, 10 and 8. We're kinda low-key, not into pretense.

Do you know anything about the Mill Plain neighborhood? It looks close to the station, which I'll need. Most important, the closer to public transportation, the better.

Thank you.

Old 03-08-2007, 04:04 AM

27 posts, read 81,155 times
Hi
We live on Mill Plain in a great house. The only problem is that this road is very busy. If you avoid Mill Plain and stay on the side streets, you have a wonderful neighborhood close to town, transportation, etc. Is not pretentious. The elementary school (Riverfield) is overcrowded however.
Good luck

Old 03-09-2007, 07:06 AM

5 posts, read 36,511 times
When you say the side streets, do you mean under the I-95? Bit concerned about flooding potential there. And which is your busy road, is that Boston Post Road?

We liked Fairfield a lot, and we would like to move there even though I'll be commuting to Manahattan.

Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut