Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2020, 10:58 AM

980 posts, read 597,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCT View Post
I understand there may be some people in town that do not know where Fairfield Woods is, but that should not be the case for anyone with any knowledge of the town. As I said you have a major road, middle school and library with that name. Even one of the shopping centers on Black Rock Turnpike is named Fairfield Woods Plaza. They know Stratfield. They know Lake Hills. They know Tunxis Hill. Wouldn’t you think most people would know it? It’s right in between these neighborhoods. Jay
Don't worry Jay, I too am shocked at how Fairfield Woods seems to be a less known area of town. Fairfield Woods Road, after all, is the biggest road connecting Black Rock Turnpike and Stratfield Road...

I've attached a map of what I consider to be Fairfield Woods (in green).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2020, 12:36 PM

34,918 posts, read 56,903,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
Don't worry Jay, I too am shocked at how Fairfield Woods seems to be a less known area of town. Fairfield Woods Road, after all, is the biggest road connecting Black Rock Turnpike and Stratfield Road...

I've attached a map of what I consider to be Fairfield Woods (in green).
That’s more or less the area I think it is too but I would not include anything east of and along Melville Avenue to be part of it. Stratfield School is on Melville so I think of that as Stratfield. I’m also not sure I would include Melville Village in it either but some may. Jay

Old 07-22-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
That’s more or less the area I think it is too but I would not include anything east of and along Melville Avenue to be part of it. Stratfield School is on Melville so I think of that as Stratfield. I’m also not sure I would include Melville Village in it either but some may. Jay
I call it up to Stratfield Road just so the division is clearer (and also because Fairfield Woods Road goes up to there). Not sure if you could tell, but the portion that's mixed with yellow is mixed because I also consider it part of Stratfield. Many places aren't in just one neighborhood and I respect the idea that there's nuance/ fuzzy borders.

One of the most extreme examples is that you could argue the Beach Area, for example, extends as far inland as Wakeman/ Barlow road because that's the furthest inland the British burned.

Old 07-22-2020, 04:35 PM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudFairfielder View Post
I call it up to Stratfield Road just so the division is clearer (and also because Fairfield Woods Road goes up to there). Not sure if you could tell, but the portion that's mixed with yellow is mixed because I also consider it part of Stratfield. Many places aren't in just one neighborhood and I respect the idea that there's nuance/ fuzzy borders.

One of the most extreme examples is that you could argue the Beach Area, for example, extends as far inland as Wakeman/ Barlow road because that's the furthest inland the British burned.
Great stuff here. Two Fairfield titans putting on a clinic. Roger Ludlowe himself would be proud of you guys.
Dairy Godmother got her money's worth.

Keep it up
All the best

Old 07-23-2020, 09:43 AM

222 posts, read 413,123 times
OH MY GOODNESS DON'T BE SILLY. Of course I know where Fairfield Woods is! I meant school district. The OP was mixing elementary schools with a middle school district. What I meant was I didn't know what elementary school they were referring to in the Fairfield Woods Middle school district. Sheesh.

Last edited by DairyGodmother; 07-23-2020 at 09:53 AM..

Old 07-23-2020, 09:48 AM

Default Elementary districts and Fairfield Woods middle schools

Here is the district map - not sure if anyone else has posted this. You will see Fairfield Woods MS right in the middle of a bunch of elementary schools, technically within Jennings, which was not mentioned by the OP.

https://archive.fairfieldschools.org..._8-16-2011.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Fairfield University Area vs Fairfield woods vs North Stratfield-screen-shot-2020-07-23-11.45.31  

Old 07-23-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
Dairy Godmother got her money's worth.

Keep it up
All the best
Oh yes this forum is the gift that keeps on giving. Love that a reference to my own uncertainty warranted "shock". Fantastic internet outrage.

Old 07-23-2020, 11:42 AM

6,876 posts, read 3,726,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyGodmother View Post
Oh yes this forum is the gift that keeps on giving. Love that a reference to my own uncertainty warranted "shock". Fantastic internet outrage.
I tell people all the time they have to check out this City Data site and the CT forum. These guys bleed CT. JayCT and his henchmen really know their stuff, the nuts and bolts. It's a wonderful resource.

Old 07-23-2020, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveM85 View Post
I tell people all the time they have to check out this City Data site and the CT forum. These guys bleed CT. JayCT and his henchmen really know their stuff, the nuts and bolts. It's a wonderful resource.
I do appreciate the granularity at times, but there are so many smackdowns by half a dozen of the SAME people "(You said it wrong!!". More interest in dissecting and judging other people's posts than actual contribution. I thought this posting was about getting input on the dynamics of different neighborhoods with the elementary schools being the key variable. OP posted two elementary schools and one middle school, and I was unsure about where they meant -- specifically, what *elementary school district* they meant.

Advice to OP?? Check out Pound Ridge, NY

Old 07-23-2020, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DairyGodmother View Post
My apologies that you seemed to find my response overbearing. Additionally, the middle school takes kids from Jennings, OHS, and North Strafield (starting with the middle school class of 2014 and onwards). As you'll see from the district map and my first post in this thread, Woods is in Jennings' district so I assumed that's the elementary school OP was referring to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut