Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 08:42 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidyankee764 View Post
To your last point, exactly. It is not a coincidence that this jump in crimes committed by teens began to spike just after Malloy closed the juvenile detention facilities. All of those kids are now on the streets, and guess what? The perpetrators of these crimes are the exact kids who were released from detention. Residents of CT should be appalled.
This is always the result of liberal "reforms." They never learn and are always on the side of the bad guy over law abiding citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2018, 10:59 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,958,170 times
There have been some car thefts, and thefts from cars, in Fairfield too. Usually, it involves people who left valuables in the car with the doors unlocked, or left their keys in the car.

I'm not a security nut, but I would never leave my keys in the car, and I don't leave valuables in the car. That makes no sense.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:11 PM

10,127 posts, read 15,005,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’d still rather leave my car unlocked in the driveway. The last thing I want is for someone to smash a window. There’s nothing valuable in the car. What are they going to steal? The owners manual and service receipts in the glove box? A half full jug of windshield washer fluid and a beat up ice scraper? A couple of beach chairs?

Out in Mall Hell? Sure, it’s locked.
Ever thought they might steal your car to use as a getaway car while commiting other crimes?

Perhaps a joyride that ends in a police chase and in the process they completely total your car.

They can dismantle the power window buttons on each door and take the whole consoles for reselling online.

All sorts of things can and do happen.

But, some people will not believe until it happens to them.

Old 07-14-2018, 05:57 PM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post
Ever thought they might steal your car to use as a getaway car while commiting other crimes?

Perhaps a joyride that ends in a police chase and in the process they completely total your car.

They can dismantle the power window buttons on each door and take the whole consoles for reselling online.

Exactly. And your first sentence is what usually happens.

Old 07-15-2018, 04:23 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,615,709 times
Quote:
I’d still rather leave my car unlocked in the driveway. The last thing I want is for someone to smash a window. There’s nothing valuable in the car. What are they going to steal? The owners manual and service receipts in the glove box? A half full jug of windshield washer fluid and a beat up ice scraper? A couple of beach chairs?

Out in Mall Hell? Sure, it’s locked.
Unless the laws have changed Connecticut is a full glass coverage state.

Makes sense for CT residents to keep the doors locked as broken glass won't come out of pocket.

Old 07-15-2018, 06:08 AM

331 posts, read 208,348 times
Can’t people just lock their cars? Wouldn’t car insurers require people keep their cars locked and keep keys out of it.

Old 07-15-2018, 07:46 AM

6,593 posts, read 4,989,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post

Makes sense for CT residents to keep the doors locked as broken glass won't come out of pocket.
Do you have a source for this? I've always had to add glass coverage to my policies. It's cheap but I pay for it.

It's also harder to get replacement glass for older cars, especially side glass. Many years ago one of my side windows was shot out by kids at work (West Hartford). It was replaced but the tint was completely wrong and they insisted that was all they could get (green vs blue - glaringly wrong)

Old 07-15-2018, 08:01 AM

32,952 posts, read 36,412,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoHuskies View Post

He doesn't live in Connecticut.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:11 AM

24,560 posts, read 18,299,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonioR View Post

You can't steal my car without a multi-thousand dollar tool to reprogram the car to a new pushbutton start FOB. Some ghetto rat isn't going to have that tool. If you want to steal my car, you need to show up with a flatbed truck. That's true for pretty much any modern car. No RFID? No start. You need tools that usually only a dealership owns to program the car to a new RFID chip. This isn't 1970 where it's trivial to steal a car.

Old 07-15-2018, 08:15 AM

21,634 posts, read 31,242,597 times
Quote:
You can't steal my car without a multi-thousand dollar tool to reprogram the car to a new pushbutton start FOB. Some ghetto rat isn't going to have that tool. If you want to steal my car, you need to show up with a flatbed truck. That's true for pretty much any modern car. No RFID? No start. You need tools that usually only a dealership owns to program the car to a new RFID chip. This isn't 1970 where it's trivial to steal a car.
This is true. Every car that has been stolen, the fob was left inside.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut