Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2017, 12:55 PM

2,249 posts, read 2,209,654 times

Advertisements

Cam.......Timing......I leave for work at 5:30 am......Will it be snowing by then? Will roads be covered at that time?You know my commute......I would definitely want to stay home if possible as getting back home would probably be really difficult and dangerous.

Old 03-12-2017, 01:40 PM

6,593 posts, read 4,987,517 times
I just got my first notification - a winter storm warning from Intellicast

Old 03-12-2017, 01:45 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
:::::::::TIMING:::::::::

Starts after 3am Tuesday.
*Heaviest 7am-12pm*
Ends by sunset Tuesday.

I cannot believe this is a 12-15hr storm with all this moisture.

* (Subject to change)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmdealerguy View Post
Cam.......Timing......I leave for work at 5:30 am......Will it be snowing by then? Will roads be covered at that time?You know my commute......I would definitely want to stay home if possible as getting back home would probably be really difficult and dangerous.
You'll be ok to leave but not to get back. Stay Home. Unlike last storm where nothing accumulated on roads... it was in the 50s day before. It hasn't even past freezing in 2 days so I think roads will become a mess by 9am statewide.

If you can post in here that day, let us know whats going on. Thanks! Stay safe

Old 03-12-2017, 01:47 PM

83,550 posts, read 75,428,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLoveTo View Post
I just got my first notification - a winter storm warning from Intellicast
They are starting to upgrade now. Will wait to post map. More pinks gonna be on it later.(warnings)

Wonder if the Blizzard Watches will be expanded or upgraded to Warnings.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Starts after 3am Tuesday.
*Heaviest 7am-12pm*
Ends by sunset Tuesday.

I cannot believe this is a 12-15hr storm with all this moisture.

* (Subject to change)

You'll be ok to leave but not to get back. Stay Home. Unlike last storm where nothing accumulated on roads... it was in the 50s day before. It hasn't even past freezing in 2 days so I think roads will become a mess by 9am statewide.

If you can post in here that day, let us know whats going on. Thanks! Stay safe

I do have a floater day so I will just use that. I do have 2 of my staff who live in the same building a mile down the road so I know they will be in and one other employee should be able to make it in. My place expects you to be in but I am not chancing it.....
I'll post from home about the snowfall.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:38 PM

2,941 posts, read 1,788,439 times
Quote:
I do have a floater day so I will just use that. I do have 2 of my staff who live in the same building a mile down the road so I know they will be in and one other employee should be able to make it in. My place expects you to be in but I am not chancing it.....
I suppose your place just doesn't care about its employees, that's too bad.

Old 03-12-2017, 02:43 PM

3,484 posts, read 9,426,761 times
That stinks, gmdealerguy. Do people/customers actually show up at your place of business when there's a blizzard? My office rarely shuts down but we will for this. I'm usually the first person to eye roll at people in CT who refuse to drive to work in 3 inches of snow (this isn't Atlanta) but this is a serious storm.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:02 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,174,109 times
Quote:
Who the hell would go out to buy a car in a blizzard...makes no sense.

Old 03-12-2017, 03:30 PM

11,307 posts, read 18,906,433 times
Quote:
If this is as epic as forecast you will be stuck at work if you go to work! This is not last Friday's relative joke of a snow.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post

Also the snowfall rate will be MUCH heavier than the last storm so even a smaller snowfall will stick to the roads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMagliola View Post
I suppose your place just doesn't care about its employees, that's too bad.
Car dealerships are often like that. They are even worse with their sales staff than their service personnel.

Last edited by 7 Wishes; 03-12-2017 at 03:41 PM..

Old 03-12-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Who the hell would go out to buy a car in a blizzard...makes no sense.
Lol.....No one.....But we are corporate......we have many.many car dealerships and all are expected to be open. You are expected to attempt to come in.Usually when it gets bad then we would start sending people home who live farthest first. I come in way before we open to start the day so I usually get no major argument from above me if I don't come in in bad storms. I've been doing this for 31 years and I have never worked for a dealer that actually did not open......Close early yes.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut