Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2016, 04:48 PM

3,349 posts, read 4,165,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonchanney44 View Post
I agree....BS....

I looked at all the forecast models....and none show anything getting near the upper East Coast...the poler front coming down will be too strong ...it will push all the energy WELL south of the Tri-State area. All we really will have to deal with a cold week this week, then moderating temps (AO looks to get more positive)...so even any story very near the end of the month has a good chance of being RAIN.

Then we start Feb....and latest outlook is at least first part will be warmer than normal(along with that positive AO)....so add in the BUILDING SOLAR ANGLE and the wind will really be at out back.

I think with little snowcover to our west in the Ohio Valley, and no snowpack that the sun has to melt first (meaning the ground will warm faster)....we are in for a early and warm spring in the Tri-state area. I'm even glad for them up in Boston/NE...they deserve a mild winter after that Feb they had last year.
Hi Wave. Give it a rest. The solar angle, that must be why February is the snowiest month by a wide margin. You were so quiet last winter, I wonder why???? Banned on forums is a terrible life.

Old 01-16-2016, 04:48 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Glad to see all the snow/slop went north of NY/NJ/CT and up to New England were they like it.

We will have a couple of cold days this week... but NO CHANCE of any snow at all. That puts us to the last week of January and we have escaped with a mild winter. Two months down ...one to go!

I can just feel those first 70's of Spring right around the corner!
poor guy...I'm startin to feel terrible for you..

Old 01-16-2016, 05:01 PM

3,349 posts, read 4,165,458 times
Quote:
You guys are REALLY mad huh - lol

Look on the bright side...winter 2016/2017 is only 11 months away....

PS: Come on...admit green grass and sunshine in mid/late January IS nice. I'm still wearing my sandals from Florida.
How is the trailer? Me mad, you have no idea kid.

Old 01-16-2016, 07:55 PM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
You guys are REALLY mad huh - lol

Look on the bright side...winter 2016/2017 is only 11 months away....

PS: Come on...admit green grass and sunshine in mid/late January IS nice. I'm still wearing my sandals from Florida.
Mad at what..I feel SORRY for you genuinely. Are you that bored with your life?

P.S. I quite enjoyed the weather today.

Old 01-16-2016, 08:24 PM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
Did you guys see Winter Advisories out for Northern GA tonight. Maybe couple inches for the mountains down there.

And North Carolina lower elevations in the morning

For our next weekend storm, I think either way... Mid Atlantic to see some snow with this next storm.

https://twitter.com/MikeMasco/status/688547721561657344

Old 01-16-2016, 10:31 PM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
One mild winter isn't that bad. We needed a break after the past winter's we had. You think we'll get another 3 footer again in next few year's. Know last year we were close, but it shifted.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:14 AM

2,668 posts, read 4,493,841 times
This mild winter is terrible and reaking havoc with my allergies. I've had one really nasty sinus infection and am fighting them yet again just two weeks later. I'm dying for frosty 20's and 30's as the average for weeks on end. My body needs a break.

That being said, the weather TV people seem to be predicting tonight into tomorrow snow. Not a lot but if the ground could get covered it would be nice. I don't need green grass, it's depressing because I also see the covered pool and dead garden. If I can't use those then I don't need green, I want white.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchrider View Post
This mild winter is terrible and reaking havoc with my allergies. I've had one really nasty sinus infection and am fighting them yet again just two weeks later. I'm dying for frosty 20's and 30's as the average for weeks on end. My body needs a break.

That being said, the weather TV people seem to be predicting tonight into tomorrow snow. Not a lot but if the ground could get covered it would be nice. I don't need green grass, it's depressing because I also see the covered pool and dead garden. If I can't use those then I don't need green, I want white.
I don't have allergies so I'm not familiar but I wouldn't think there would be any since nothing is growing outside. No pollen, No grass, No trees. Is it just dust or dryness?

Yeah.. here's the current map.. Storm off Florida now.. There was a damaging Tornado in Florida overnight. Severe stuff going on this morning and notice.... It's snowing in North Carolina! That is going to move NE so we may get scraped with some.

Old 01-17-2016, 05:38 AM

F..................Y..................I

Euro has shifted north with the storm to agree with the GFS and Canadian.

So ALL models agree on this storm Friday-Saturday now.

This still doesn't mean it will materialize but confidence definitely growing. Friday could be a very messy and bad commute and IF what is shown verifies it would be a "thread starter for us"

I will not show snow totals from them .......... ahhh, screw it... hang on

From Euro00z

From GFS 00z

Canadian 00z

Old 01-17-2016, 06:16 AM

214 posts, read 180,252 times
The Weather Channel also said 3-5 inches Saturday into Sunday for my area. I am in East Haddam/Moodus.

Cam-do you see that happening? I know it is far out still but thought I would ask...I find your forecasts more reliable than the stations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut