Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 06:11 AM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambium View Post
I find it interesting this thread was started 2 days ago and already has 20 replies. Meanwhile this weather thread is dead. The most common conversation starter is talking about the weather with people. Is it that hard to just post your thoughts each day or ask questions? lol

https://www.city-data.com/forum/conne...-should-i.html
I think the weather thread is dead because the weather is so uneventful right now! Clear, low humidity days, no precip, not even tropical storms brewing in the Atlantic! Maybe we can start a poll on number of 90 degree days at BDL, BDR, etc.?

Old 06-22-2016, 06:38 AM

9,909 posts, read 7,689,224 times
Google weather says 85 to 88 I believe for Monday, but heard on the radio 90. I mean the weather from May till maybe a week ago was a bit cold at times and not typical summer weather. This week's weather so far has been really the perfect temperature. Though this morning around 5AM it felt muggy already.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:10 AM

1,572 posts, read 1,559,456 times
What station is the circled one in central Connecticut with .23" of rain? I swear on my life that my street in New Britain saw NOTHING and that the road wasn't even dampened! Honest!

Old 06-22-2016, 08:11 AM

10,006 posts, read 11,151,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I think the weather thread is dead because the weather is so uneventful right now! Clear, low humidity days, no precip, not even tropical storms brewing in the Atlantic! Maybe we can start a poll on number of 90 degree days at BDL, BDR, etc.?
This thread has been kept alive by one person for years via a respirator...lol. Lets face it.

I still say we should just start threads as weather comes..its more interesting. If its hot for a few days put up a heat wave thread. Storm rolling up coast? Snowstorm..keep it fresh. This thread is as stale as month old bread.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:09 AM

503 posts, read 530,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
This thread has been kept alive by one person for years via a respirator...lol. Lets face it.

I still say we should just start threads as weather comes..its more interesting. If its hot for a few days put up a heat wave thread. Storm rolling up coast? Snowstorm..keep it fresh. This thread is as stale as month old bread.
I like this thread and all the stuff cambium posts on it! Separate threads for every notable weather event would just clutter the forum.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:10 AM

2,005 posts, read 2,086,726 times
Quote:

Uh....no.

Old 06-22-2016, 10:21 AM

83,500 posts, read 75,234,500 times
lol. I agree on the Stable, non exciting weather, just trying to get some new posts here. There's always something to talk about.

I like the idea on new threads. I mean if we have all those "Hey, CT sucks" threads, why not some different weather polls or threads.

The # of 90s poll sounds good. Feel like a bit too late though. BDL already had some

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVIN_224 View Post
What station is the circled one in central Connecticut with .23" of rain? I swear on my life that my street in New Britain saw NOTHING and that the road wasn't even dampened! Honest!

I don't know where that 0.23" is. Maybe this link might help? Should go to Daily Precip Reports in CT.

That's what "scattered" & "Hit or Miss" means. Only the embedded thunderstorms were the areas that dropped the heavy rain and this image might help others understand that your house may get nothing, but down the road something.

Google images of "Rain Shaft".

This particular one is from Chicago but used to make a point. That's rain not a Tornado. It's raining hard underneath there but notice no rain outside that shaft.

So one neighborhood can be dry and one wet with scattered hit and miss downpours.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:43 AM

1,344 posts, read 1,742,298 times
My vote is that we just stick to this one weather thread. It makes it sooooo much easier to just keep track of one!

And we all should gather round and give Cambium a big thanks for contributing so much to this.

Heck.........we should have a Cambium appreciation thread!

Old 06-22-2016, 12:34 PM

21,615 posts, read 31,180,666 times
Quote:

This is a terrible idea, and is precisely why the moderators made a weather "sticky". Nobody wants to shuffle through a billion weather threads.

Old 06-22-2016, 01:02 PM

6,121 posts, read 5,084,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by papafox View Post
My vote is that we just stick to this one weather thread. It makes it sooooo much easier to just keep track of one!

And we all should gather round and give Cambium a big thanks for contributing so much to this.

Heck.........we should have a Cambium appreciation thread!
^^^This (since it won't let me rep him)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut