Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2013, 09:08 AM

6 posts, read 6,606 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a place where two or three people can meet for an hour or two every week to do some brainstorming over some business startup ideas, either over a cup of coffee or just sitting at a table.

Maybe a Starbucks would do, or maybe a public library, if there is somewhere where conducting a conversation would not be frowned upon.

Free WiFi would be a plus, as would be the ability to plug in a laptop power cord.

We are typical "starving tech entrepreneurs" without any funding to do this work, so while we might like to find some kind of business co-working space or similar shared office facility, we're really not in a position to rent office space yet.

We'd like to be able to meet once a week, typically on a Monday or Tuesday afternoon, around 4 PM or so.

One of us would be coming from Bristol and the other one from Easton, and so Southbury looks like a convenient halfway point for both of us, but we could consider other nearby locations.

We might even consider something like a small business or non-profit or community organization with an unused conference room that they might be willing to make available.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 09:11 AM

22,028 posts, read 28,582,229 times
Panera Bread or Starbucks in Southbury.

For co-working space, there's The Grove in New Haven. It's pretty reasonably priced. There are also loads of coffee shops in New Haven that are primed for such needs.

Another is B:HIVE in Bridgeport. Not sure on their pricing.

The nice thing about the Grove is you may meet others in the same boat. It's good for networking.

Old 10-26-2013, 10:32 AM

Thanks...

I will check out Panera Bread. I have had meetings with other groups at Panera Bread locations, and their food is good and relatively inexpensive.

We have met previously at The Grove in New Haven - they have a very friendly atmosphere to work in, and we will probably be back there sometime in the future, but right now lack of funds is an obstacle.

I am not familiar with B:HIVE in Bridgeport. I will have to check them out, but while Bridgeport is convenient for one of us, it is less so for the other one.

Old 10-26-2013, 11:42 AM

22,028 posts, read 28,582,229 times
I believe B:HIVE is a little pricier than the Grove.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:06 PM

1,930 posts, read 2,070,674 times
I would not recommend the Starbucks in Southbury - it's cramped and very busy. Panera would likely work well.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvexpatinct View Post
I would not recommend the Starbucks in Southbury - it's cramped and very busy. Panera would likely work well.
Appreciate the 'local knowledge' of that Starbucks, thanks...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut