Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2016, 04:58 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post

Just admit the truth
You say this all the time... Here's a hint: The grand conspiracy you think I-- and other liberals-- are covering up doesn't exist.

There is no "truth" that we're hiding behind with liberal beliefs. I don't secretly want welfare mothers to move in to your home at your expense.

I believe in economic justice, equality of opportunity and that the mistakes of government past need not to be paid for only by kindergarten teachers and people who take care of the retarded.

The truth is the state finances have been mismanaged for over a decade and it's inexcusable. Cuts have to be made. However, the screams for business friendliness that you repeat (and I'll note I'm about the only one here who actually owns and runs a business in Connecticut) deal with all the wrong issues here in Connecticut.....

I am certainly not arguing that we shouldn't cut spending. it costs the state $400K to take care of a disabled person and the non profit sector can do it for half that... Overtime needs to be reigned in and the entire budget needs to be rethought from top to bottom.

However, this ceaseless complaining about the governor is silly and partisan. Malloy inherited this-- and, IMO did nothing to make it better. Now when he's making necessary cuts, y'all complain about the cuts. Like Obama (in the minds of many) there is no right move Malloy can make.

The only truth that needs admitting here is that Conservative economic theory provides no answers.. Hence the comparisons to Michigan and Kansas.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:00 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,489,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
At the end of the day ct might be in debt or wme but that still not going tk stop you from going shopping at your fav store or going out to eat at your fav resturant or going to buy that new car you want. At this moment its not effecting everyday lives
Because of the property tax increase I see coming I will not buy a new car. I have the funds to buy a new car but refuse.
I'm also saving to buy a new home. Lol just waiting for prices to drop a bit.
Everything else is correct.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:02 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayoskillz View Post
At the end of the day ct might be in debt or wme but that still not going tk stop you from going shopping at your fav store or going out to eat at your fav resturant or going to buy that new car you want. At this moment its not effecting everyday lives
... I mean Waterbury will be $6 to $7 million in the red with increase in property taxes. Unemployment will skyrocket with the layoffs. College tuition will rise and doubt that will have much effect with Torrington UCONN campus closing. Homelessness will increase, heroin epidemic will increase due to limited services, and patient care cost at hositals will rise 15 to 17 percent.

Add in limited state staff in Corrections, state police, and the Courts you think today's incident was a one time deal.

Old 04-21-2016, 05:46 PM

34,037 posts, read 17,056,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
We need a state government that is more pro-business

That is true in all the bottom half ranked states, which includes most NE states.

Old 04-21-2016, 07:39 PM

14,053 posts, read 13,929,555 times
Financial aid for undocumented residents given nod by CT senate | The CT Mirror

Old 04-21-2016, 07:50 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,420,832 times
Cool man. Cut funding to our own town schools and hospitals, give it to illegal aliens who have no US rights and don't pay a dime in taxes. Yeah, I'm "Mr. Doom and Gloom". There's nothing wrong with CT. At all. The snow is at it again, this time giving our money away to illegal residents for an education you can barely afford to provide your own kids. Damn you SNOW!!!!

Old 04-21-2016, 08:16 PM

503 posts, read 530,410 times
WTF. Why?? How is this even an option? Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea?? The only thing the state should be giving them is a one-way ticket back to wherever they came from!

Old 04-21-2016, 08:24 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,695,383 times
Didn't CT at one point suggest wanting to give free college tuition to minority students

Old 04-21-2016, 08:32 PM

2,122 posts, read 2,420,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkOdyssey View Post
WTF. Why?? How is this even an option? Who in their right mind thinks it's a good idea?? The only thing the state should be giving them is a one-way ticket back to wherever they came from!
It should be illegal and enough reason for legislatures to lose their seat. We pay them to represent US. Instead, they are spending our tax dollars to represent people that don't exist (as citizens). They should be spending their time figuring out how to attract companies and grow jobs, how to make our schools better, how to get that money back to our hospitals, how to make our cities safer, how to make CT more affordable for its CITIZENS. Instead they are wasting our money and both of our time with this drivel. Absurd.

The ultimate irony, is that they'll graduate and move to Boston like everyone else. Oh wait, that's right, they couldn't even get a job in boston because they aren't US citizens. Money well spent.

Queue liberal accusations of racism in 3...2...1...

Old 04-21-2016, 09:25 PM

138 posts, read 116,281 times
Citizenship is arbitrary. Do you really think that these kids should be screwed for something that their parents did to them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Connecticut