Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 07:46 PM

3 posts, read 2,081 times

Advertisements

i also get downloading updates yellow shield 40% , my pc very very slow, i think it is a viruses but kill another virus, so it batlle betwen virus from microsoft VS another virus, so the question is when the batlle is over or 0% downloading updates, so my pc can run faster,
yesterday is 9 %, 2 days again is 33%, and now is 42%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2011, 08:13 PM

61,919 posts, read 87,491,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian.Pearson View Post
jtr88, you might do a little computer maintenance before doing anything else -- run CCleaner, defrag, stuff like that, and reboot.
^^^ I was thinking exactly the same.
Sometimes a slow running computer needs a little cleaning. CCleaner is a great choice, defrag and compressing, check installed programs and see if there is something you don't use & uninstall it. Also check how much space you have left on your hard drive. If the HD is nearly full, the computer will get very slow. Maybe you have bug somewhere?
I recently got rid of Office ( to huge) and installed SoftMaker Office 2008 and everything got transferred to it. Small, fast , neat. You will free a lots of space.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:07 AM

3 posts, read 2,081 times
yeah , i am succes to destroy downloading updates, try this open folder C , and deleted files except important file , or know with file name like this aaa443fdgdghhhja so deleted this filew folder and then empty recycle bin, SUUUCCCCESSS

Old 09-07-2011, 06:10 AM

2,565 posts, read 5,523,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by donie2288 View Post
yeah , i am succes to destroy downloading updates, try this open folder C , and deleted files except important file , or know with file name like this aaa443fdgdghhhja so deleted this filew folder and then empty recycle bin, SUUUCCCCESSS
Maybe there's a language barrier going on, but it sounds like you're suggesting people open up their C drive and just delete anything that they don't think is important?

Yeah.... nothing can go wrong with that....

Old 09-07-2011, 06:39 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,762,588 times
OK. MOD chuckle...

Good advice elnina , but this thread is 3 years old. I think the OP has it resolved. Another ancient thread resurrected form the dead by a new poster.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Computers