Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2009, 10:26 PM

6 posts, read 26,871 times

Advertisements

I have been to Columbus two times in the past two months looking for a apartment or a small house for me in my children and I still found NOTHING, or nobody to rent to me. Let me tell you a little about myself. I have two girls (5, and 1) and a baby boy due in about ten days and I need to move to Columbus within the next two weeks. I have looked on craglist two many times and once I say I have bad credit and I a terriable rental history I am automatically denied. For example I went to a apartment called Hickcory Grove and I was told that I would have to pay 2000 to move in one of there townhomes let me say it again 2000 to move in when there special was 49.00 move in fee. Please help me I am in need of finding a apartment in a nice area without being to expensive since I am a online student at Columbus State. I can only afford rent about 515 to 520 dollars max but still would like to stay in a nice area were there are other single parnets, not a lot of crime and not on LIVINGSTON STREET or nowhere near. Please help me, Please help me before me and my family will be homeless in the streets of Columbus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2009, 01:25 AM

13 posts, read 85,013 times
I know you said you did a search on Craigslist but I just did a "bad credit" search on there and found these two among many that fit your price needs and don't appear to be in bad neighborhoods: wow!! what a price this wont last long (http://columbus.craigslist.org/apa/1144653352.html - broken link) and Spring move-in special! Bad credit OK (http://columbus.craigslist.org/apa/1148927083.html - broken link) . Chances are if you're dealing with an apartment complex, they would be more inclined to consider credit history. However, if you're dealing with a landlord who is just looking to rent out a home, chances are you'll find someone who is wiling to work with you.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:50 AM

1,661 posts, read 4,087,711 times
A few questions

1) you have been asking about Ohiofor 3 years now. Why the sudden rush?

2) With three kids and being a student you should be contacting government services. www.cmhanet.com . I may be jumping to conclusions, but you might need some help, being a single parent with three kids 5, 1 and 0. If you have no income source you will have trouble renting without assistance from the link above. If not there, others have sent you some helpfull assisted housing links that still appear to be active.

Old 05-06-2009, 11:14 AM

27 posts, read 143,616 times
check out www.chpcolumbus.org they have tax credit communities all around Columbus including the burbs. Many of the apartments are townhouses with plenty of family activities.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:41 PM

6 posts, read 26,871 times
Default Thanks

There is no sudden rush to move to Ohio I have been planning this for a while but being pregnant put things on hold for me. Any way thank everyone for the replies.

Old 05-09-2009, 11:27 PM

11 posts, read 25,775 times
Call the White House. There is a guy named Barack you need to speak to...or you could move in with Mayor Coleman.

Seriously, I would just get one of those apartment guides and start calling around. You can't be the only one in Ohio with bad credit. Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus