Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 01:17 PM

403 posts, read 929,645 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

As you can tell by my username--I moved to Raleigh, NC with my wife about 8 years ago. Just out of college, we really wanted to try something new. I have family in Ohio, but nobody in Columbus. I'm wanting to get back to the energy and vitality I felt in Columbus...Raleigh's nice but pretty suburban in character. How has the city changed in that time? I noticed the South Campus area looks nicer these days...ate at Eddie George's Grille the last time I was in town. I just missed the Arena District---we left right around that time. I know I'll want to check that out.

I'm now 31 years old (wife is 30), so we're probably looking for something a little more laid back than the college years! Good neighborhoods for our age? Good places/ways to meet new people? Never thought I'd say this, but I have no problem with going in to a real winter again. I should say that the wife skews more suburban than me. If there are any neighborhoods that would suit both of us---I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 01:44 PM

119 posts, read 558,698 times
From the way you sound my opinion would be that you would want to look into Clintonville.. It sounds like an area that would fit both yours and your wifes preferences

Old 04-10-2008, 08:58 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
What about Westerville?

City of Westerville, Ohio

Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 AM

197 posts, read 511,417 times
Westerville, Clintonville, even some areas of Bexley could be fun.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the recs! I think Westerville looks nice. Clintonville is close to things, so that might be a great place too. Grandview might be a decent option from what I can tell.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:04 PM

150 posts, read 980,756 times
I would suggest checking out Grandview, Clintonville and Bexley, depending on your price range and the amenities that are most important. Upper Arlington has a more suburban feel to me than the other places I named, but it's still pretty close to the city and all of the city amenities.

Westerville has some great neighborhoods, but it's definitely suburbia. In addition, the Morse/161/Cleveland/Schrock area has seen an increase in crime - it's surprising how fast the area declined. I know it's Columbus (not actually Westerville), but part of the area with Columbus taxes/Westerville schools or Worthington schools has really been declining. If you do decide on Westerville, stay north of Schrock Road!

We're about your ages and live in Clintonville. If you give more specifics of what you're looking for in a neighborhood, what you like to do, etc. I'll try to give useful information.

Old 04-14-2008, 01:03 PM

^^Cool, thanks. I'm thinking Grandview and Clintonville might be the best bets. We both enjoy a nice walkable neighborhood where you can get to a few bars or coffeehouses without needing to get in a car. We enjoy taking strolls in the evening. I like a good "neighborhood feel" so old homes are a plus. We both like food and travel quite a bit. I'm thinking about joining a bicycling group and hiking group when we get there. I'm also starting to get in to golf a little bit...not very good but the NC weather has made me want to at least try it.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:02 PM

2,554 posts, read 6,899,015 times
Does anyone have any city links to Grandview or Clintonville? These areas sound interesting.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:54 PM

3 posts, read 15,171 times
You can search every home that is currently listed for sale in Clintonville, Grandviews Hts., Bexley, and others if you go to Delaware,Powell, Lewis Center Ohio Homes for Sale. The entire Columbus MLS is searchable through this page. I'm a Realtor so certainly let me know if you'd like some answers to more specific questions.

Old 04-24-2008, 04:52 PM

310 posts, read 1,209,312 times
Default Move to Columbus

I don't live in Columbus anymore but I get up there to visit friends and family. I would definitely look into Grandview and Clintonville areas. If you looking to rent you may want to try Craigslist, you can search by neighborhood and price.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Columbus