Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 06:09 PM

81 posts, read 309,669 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with the William S Hall Psych. Hospital in Columbia? Specifically, the Adolescent Recovery/Dual Diagnosis Center Unit, or the Directions Unit? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 6,432 times
My 8 yr. old son was a patient there back in may and having thought of putting him back there.

Old 10-08-2008, 05:18 PM

81 posts, read 309,669 times
Default My daughter just came home from WSH

Hello Highhopes. My daughter just finished a Dual Diagnosis program at Hall yesterday. She was there for several months. Chuck Vilord is the director of the program, and it is exceptional. Mr. Vilord is awesome, and the program, which he has developed over the years, should be nationwide in my opinion. I hope my daughter will be willing to put everything she has learned, (skills for handling grief, anger, stress, etc.) and continue to walk in the healing she has received there.

Of course, it would help if the program could last the really necessary 12 months that is proven to be effective for chemical abuse. Most insurance, and Medicaid cut off treatment at 1 month to 3 at the most.
Historically, 12 months has a very high rate of success with no relapse. Now, most people are in treatment at least 3 times before it 'takes'.

I hope your son is o.k. I don't know what is going on with him, but I do know that if there is a problem, the Mom is effected VERY much. The whole family is. So I pray that an effective door is open for his healing, and for you also. If you would like to e-mail me privately, just click on the link at this site.

There is also a place called 3 Rivers. I believe they offer school along with treatment for different behavior concerns.

Thanks for replying, and I believe that you WILL have a good future and so will your son.

Old 12-22-2009, 12:12 PM

1 posts, read 5,493 times
What was he there for. My 9yr old son may be going there for evaluation, they think he may be bipolar & I am trying so hard to find any review or info. re: anyone's experience with this hospital with a young child.

Old 12-24-2009, 07:23 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,192,509 times
(((all of y'all)))

Hoping your families find a way to make these little guys' lives easier.

Old 03-19-2010, 05:02 AM

1 posts, read 5,179 times
Default troubled

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancycat116 View Post
What was he there for. My 9yr old son may be going there for evaluation, they think he may be bipolar & I am trying so hard to find any review or info. re: anyone's experience with this hospital with a young child.
My son is at Hall right now==so I can not comment on Hall, but I can comment on bio-polar. My daughter was diagnosied with it later in life and I can tell you if your son does have bio-polar --you are blessed that you found out now. It is a life long struggle for any one with it. If you can fidn the correct meds and keep in on it--he can have a great life. The problem arises when they are on meds as they get older and think that they are fine! and go off the meds. The roller coaster ride of emtions is hard on the family. My experenice is they are brillant, fast learners but the emtional side does not fucntion so well. If not helped all that talent is wasted.
Best of luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area