Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area
 [Register]
Columbia area Columbia - Lexington - Irmo
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 08:34 AM

8 posts, read 9,907 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone,

In a couple of months my wife and I are moving to Columbia. I currently work as a Dialysis RN in a very large teaching hospital and before that I worked as a clinic informatics nurse (computer nurse, LOL) for a very large (I traveled to over 120 hospital) hopsital network.

Since I am most likely going to be working in a hospital while going back to school I am trying to get a feel for the hospitals in the area. Which do you like, who would you say gives the best care and which ones seem to have the happiest employees? I am mostly trying to find out where to work.

Thanks for your help,

Last edited by New_to_SC; 09-01-2012 at 10:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 01:25 PM

6,830 posts, read 16,583,564 times
Different hospitals have different specialties. Palmetto Richland is the largest and has the level one trauma center - there are also 2 locations of Providence Hospital, Palmetto Health Baptist, Lexington Medical Center, Moncrief Army Hospital and the VA Hospital. Palmetto Richland is also building a 2nd hospital in Northwest Columbia.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:21 PM

8 posts, read 9,907 times
Thanks for the info!!

Old 09-02-2012, 01:59 PM

26 posts, read 49,144 times
Default Hospital Review

Providence Northeast (Farrow Rd & I-77) is my favorite hospital. It doesn't have the "big corporate feel" that most of the others have. My child was born there almost 5 years ago and every employee was the best. My wife almost died during the child birth and I am so glad I went there.

Be aware this was not planned. We were supposed to go to Charlotte were her doctor was, but we didn't make it that far before we realized our child was not going to make the trip up the interstate.

They didn't treat me like an "obstruction". I was in the child-birth/operating room while they surgically saved her life, and actually wanted me at the table holding her hand and talking to her while she faded in and out. I was rushed through changing into a full surgical outfit from head to toe. It felt great to be treated with the love and respect I felt there. After they stabilized her, our child who was still in the same room was immediately put in my hands while we went to go through all the weighing, etc.. I was never separated from my newborn all the way until Mommy made it back into her room. During the most intensely emotional time of my life, the hospital staff was top notch, the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Columbia area