Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 08:33 PM

23 posts, read 78,965 times

Advertisements

My family and I are strongly considering a move to Castle Rock. We visited last year and we liked the fact it is growing but is still a small town. Are any of you out there from Castle Rock??? Can you tell me about it please?

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2006, 08:45 PM

11,825 posts, read 34,425,536 times
Castle Rock is the county seat. parts suburban, parts rural, parts small town. good schools, nice shopping in the area including the outlet shops...

what is important in a community for you?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:00 PM

Great Schools, good neighbors, affordable housing, not having to commute too far for work.

We have two kids that are 12 and 6 so we will want to get them into some kind of activities. I would like to get involved in some kind of group to help the community or womens group. I want to live somewhere that we can make friends and make a difference.

Do you live in castle rock?

Old 07-24-2006, 09:09 PM

I live in Highlands Ranch. I have three kidlets 16, 14, & 9.

many communities are family friendly and have loads of activities for kidlets to take part in.

Soccer, hockey, swimming, bowling, running, basketball...you name it there is organized sports covering it. Even a 4H group.

I put up housing stats for June already, I'll do July's in 10 days.

You can buy a house in Castle Rock for $250 or 2 million.

Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 PM

26,210 posts, read 49,022,743 times
Default I was just there yesterday

I live down I-25 about 30 miles, Colorado Springs, exit 153. Castle Rock is exits 181-187.

The area is an outer suburb of Denver, about 5-10 miles south of highway C-470, which I consider the Denver Beltway. Castle Rock is a growing town, with a small old downtown, but with tons of new stuff all around. And 3-4 miles east of town, down Rte 11, you have grassland prairie with wide-open horse and cattle country.

I was at Douglas County Fair Grounds (DCFG) yesterday to see a horse show. The DCFG are excellent, especially compared to the run-down, minimal stuff I'm used to seeing back east in MD and VA. If the DCFG are an indication of what Castle Rock and Douglas County are capable of, then I'd give it a thumbs up. Judging by the growth up there, I'd say people agree.

Get the Castle Rock zip code off of the USPS website, then use the realtor site to look at housing. You'll find very affordable homes in Castle Rock as compared to California, but you can find incredible stuff if you have the $$$$.

s/Mike

Old 07-24-2006, 09:25 PM

When I visited Castle Rock last year it had a great feeling. And from what I experienced, the people there were very nice..

I have looked at hundreds of homes there for sale. The problem I foresee is when we move there we will need a rental that will take a golden retriever. Not having much luck with that. Of course the realtor I spoke with said that everyone there has a dog. So, I hope it won't be to much of a problem.

Do you know of any water well drilling companies that need a good worker???

Old 07-24-2006, 09:41 PM

there are a few well drilling companies both east and west of castle rock, they always need a hard worker.

a golden adopted us too. My husband, who grew up on a farm, says it's the best dog he has ever had.

a rental won't be that hard. try craiglist.org

Look for a elementary school on the conventional calendar. Rock Ridge and South are. The rest are on a 4 track year round or modified calendar.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:00 PM

Thank you SOOOOO much for your feedback. Any other comments about castle rock, the people there, community feel, whether positive or negative would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again to all of you!

Old 07-24-2006, 10:15 PM

When will you be here? Trad schools start in August.

Old 07-24-2006, 10:20 PM

That is a good question. We were originally going to move in October but, because we were low on funds we have to wait. Although, the move can happen anytime between October and February. I really hate to take the kids out of school but, if that is what we have to do then we will. We discussed it with the small people (kids) and they don't care when we move as long as we do. The sooner the better.

So, what do you like about living in Colorado??? Highlands Ranch, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado