Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 02:49 PM

585 posts, read 2,225,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarmenSanDiego View Post
May I ask, what fustrates you about Colorado? Is it the weather? I'm planning a relocation to Colorado (Denver specifically) in 2008 and I'm interested in hearing both the good and bad. Thanks!
Most people will agree that the weather in Colorado is pretty darn good. This winter and spring has given us plenty of moisture to green things up nicely and everything looks great. The past few summers have been really dry, which can be a real bummer. Last June we barely even got a sprinkle and things dried up rather quickly. It gets really, really brown some summers and it seems like the whole area could go ablaze. For the winters and spring, the lack of humidity helps make things more comfy but the wind sometimes negates that comfort factor.

However, the weather is relatively comfortable most of the year. Summers are fairly long and winters are mild and dry. This last winter was an exception.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2007, 06:55 PM

26,239 posts, read 49,129,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
...Those pics make me want to go camping. I was watching Mind of Mencia the other night and Carlos was saying "How rich do you white folks have to be to have to pretend to be poor (go camping)?....
I had my fill of camping as a boy scout, 45 years ago. No more bugs, sleeping bags, dirt floors or cooking fires for me. Kids may think it's cool but I got past that phase very early and ain't going back.

My idea of roughing it is any hotel that doesn't have room service and a bar.

s/mike

Old 04-24-2007, 08:13 PM

1 posts, read 1,864 times
It is real nice of you to take the time to share these with us.

Old 04-25-2007, 09:15 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,892,899 times
Quote: [Nice pictures but you missed the best part of Colorado.]

There is a better place than in these pics?...where would that be?

Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 AM

18,061 posts, read 27,513,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
I had my fill of camping as a boy scout, 45 years ago. No more bugs, sleeping bags, dirt floors or cooking fires for me. Kids may think it's cool but I got past that phase very early and ain't going back.

s/mike
Ha. I'm starting to know what you mean. I'm getting to where I at least need an air mattress. I remember us taking my parents camping to West Chicago Creek. It was my parents last camping trip. It was a good thing that we were all hammered because it rained all day and all night. We still managed to keep the camp fire going! When it would turn to hail, we'd walk about and play horseshoes because it was nice little mountain hail and you could keep dry. Well, anyways, we were all off to bed and my parents kind of went into their tent the wrong way. I noticed that my mom was shivering. Their tent was so full of water and they had their heads IN the water. We emptied the water from their tent, got them some dry gear and situated them so their heads were on high ground. Like I said, good thing they had had plenty of Scotch the night before. They recouped nicely the next morning, but my mom's idea of camping is the Ramada Inn.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:06 PM

42 posts, read 201,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Quote: [Nice pictures but you missed the best part of Colorado.]

There is a better place than in these pics?...where would that be?
Farther south. Less people and more wild and natural. Less commercialized.

Old 04-26-2007, 07:16 PM

42 posts, read 201,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post

s/mike
I admit to not doing the tent, hard ground bit anymore. I have gone 1 notch up and safer. Small Alaskan camper on the back of a 4 wheel drive pickup. Have water storage, icebox, heater, three burner stove and a soft bed. I still like a campfire with a coffeepot, water for washing on it and sometimes still cook on it. But is warmer and easier on these bones and with the bear problem during the drought, it is safer. Especially with kids that insist on smelling like candy or sneaking food into tents. We don't like campgrounds.

Old 04-28-2007, 10:04 PM

4 posts, read 17,966 times
Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

Old 07-29-2010, 03:25 PM

3 posts, read 4,065 times
wow beautiful photos

Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 PM

529 posts, read 1,327,134 times
Red Dawn was actually filmed in Las Vegas, NM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado