Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2019, 10:55 AM

232 posts, read 302,611 times

Advertisements

Not "off topic" (or is it..heehee?) but I was looking for "gay outreach" (ie, match maybe) and google directed me to this url...HeeHee and I wasn't even signed in! Sweet response to "livecontent" Josseppie on "why gay in Pueblo" and why Pueblo is your home. I STILL give you credit Josseppie for bringing me to Pueblo, so have been a follower on city-data. IMO any "topic" is open to Pueblo's quality of life and just adds to Colorado's 'progressive' identity. As in the days of TV's infancy...if the skirts went 'up' to far my grandmother would get up and 'switch' or turn off the "Philco-box" and we all looked at her with 'WHY' grandma...HaHa?

Ooops! This reply is to postings on page 14...I usually check the msg replied to (Josseppie) but it was quite lengthy. Thanks.

Last edited by tommyp1; 02-09-2019 at 10:59 AM.. Reason: Message reply location pg 14
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2019, 11:45 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
New mayor wants to give Pueblo folks a shot at doing his job for him... aka help him.

He wants to know for example, what is the City of Pueblo doing right, wrong, what are the problems, strengths, weaknesses?

What say you? How would you fix it?

Old 02-14-2019, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
New mayor wants to give Pueblo folks a shot at doing his job for him... aka help him.

He wants to know for example, what is the City of Pueblo doing right, wrong, what are the problems, strengths, weaknesses?

What say you? How would you fix it?
Well I'm a voter so I have voted "yes" on all the ballot initiatives including police, fire, educational services etc. That said I lived in Oregon for a short time and there were so many 'initiatives' on the ballot it took nearly an hour to vote! Someone commented to me: "What are the politicians doing? If they do nothing...we vote them out...next time around." The only suggestions I have (at the moment) for the new mayor would be: 1) have Pueblo police set up more "speed-traps" to ticket drivers who try to run me over (and speed) at Pueblo/Northern and 4th/Abriendo intersection crosswalks. This isn't Las Vegas NV where b/4 I left they had killed "50 pedestrians" by June. The response by one Pueblo officer: "Well that's Pueblo drivers" is NOT acceptable. I actually have to put up my arms and look drivers in their eyes when I have a "walk sign" on.

2) Now that Pueblo is 150K maybe Pueblo Transit could increase their services ie, daily later hours and on Sunday WITH connections VS "point to point" service at the Transit Center. Maybe the new mayor could take a bus ride (as happened in one city I lived in) on a few routes to observe 'first-hand' how his city bus system works? It would be a shame for Pueblo Transit to have cutbacks when many fast-food workers use the system to get to work (or could)? Like it or not Pueblo is the most diversified city in CO and not JUST for a few 'fat-cats.' Thanks.

Old 02-15-2019, 10:40 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,484,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp1 View Post
Well I'm a voter so I have voted "yes" on all the ballot initiatives including police, fire, educational services etc. That said I lived in Oregon for a short time and there were so many 'initiatives' on the ballot it took nearly an hour to vote! Someone commented to me: "What are the politicians doing? If they do nothing...we vote them out...next time around." The only suggestions I have (at the moment) for the new mayor would be: 1) have Pueblo police set up more "speed-traps" to ticket drivers who try to run me over (and speed) at Pueblo/Northern and 4th/Abriendo intersection crosswalks. This isn't Las Vegas NV where b/4 I left they had killed "50 pedestrians" by June. The response by one Pueblo officer: "Well that's Pueblo drivers" is NOT acceptable. I actually have to put up my arms and look drivers in their eyes when I have a "walk sign" on.

2) Now that Pueblo is 150K maybe Pueblo Transit could increase their services ie, daily later hours and on Sunday WITH connections VS "point to point" service at the Transit Center. Maybe the new mayor could take a bus ride (as happened in one city I lived in) on a few routes to observe 'first-hand' how his city bus system works? It would be a shame for Pueblo Transit to have cutbacks when many fast-food workers use the system to get to work (or could)? Like it or not Pueblo is the most diversified city in CO and not JUST for a few 'fat-cats.' Thanks.
I live in Pueblo West so couldn't even vote for the mayor.

Northern still has a stoplight camera at Prairie, but they ditched the one on Thatcher.

Pueblo city has a population of about 105 thousand, not 150 thousand. Relay this info to Joss if you see him, and no, Pueblo doesn't get to include Pueblo West and the rest of Pueblo County in their population count.

I vote no for anything trying to increase my taxes because they just squander the money anyway.

Ask yourself how many times streets has asked for more money, then when they got it, what exactly got done?

Old 02-16-2019, 10:21 AM

67 posts, read 109,424 times
Sheridan L., I'm selling my house here in Silverthorne...in snowy, crowded summit county in June, and moving to Canyon City. It's already a sweet little spot and perched to grow...not that I'd care about that. I'm weary from continual growth, growth, growth, more, more, more. PROGRESS! ugh But, maybe you're right...why sing its praises here and entice more people to move there. Ha ha. I lived in Westcliffe ten years. I feel like I'm too old to move back there...71 and single...since it does require beautiful canyon drives to get most anywhere and medical facilities just don't exist there. Still, I love Westcliffe. Looking forward to Canyon though! But I'd never consider living in Pueblo. I would actually leave my beloved Colorado before living in Pueblo. sorry!

Old 02-16-2019, 04:55 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,470,623 times
I have been on vacation. Went skiing at Keystone and spent a weekend in Palm Springs attending gala's.

Pueblo population:

City aka Pueblo proper is 111,000

Pueblo metro is 166,000

Pueblo combined statistical area (CSA) is 215,000

I think the mayor will be a HUGE boost not only for Pueblo but the Pueblo CSA. And I think Nick was the good choice. I am excited to see what he does in the next 5 years.

Last edited by Josseppie; 02-16-2019 at 05:03 PM..

Old 02-16-2019, 04:59 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,470,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyp1 View Post
Not "off topic" (or is it..heehee?) but I was looking for "gay outreach" (ie, match maybe) and google directed me to this url...HeeHee and I wasn't even signed in! Sweet response to "livecontent" Josseppie on "why gay in Pueblo" and why Pueblo is your home. I STILL give you credit Josseppie for bringing me to Pueblo, so have been a follower on city-data. IMO any "topic" is open to Pueblo's quality of life and just adds to Colorado's 'progressive' identity. As in the days of TV's infancy...if the skirts went 'up' to far my grandmother would get up and 'switch' or turn off the "Philco-box" and we all looked at her with 'WHY' grandma...HaHa?

Ooops! This reply is to postings on page 14...I usually check the msg replied to (Josseppie) but it was quite lengthy. Thanks.
Thanks!

Old 02-17-2019, 12:17 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,380,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyam22 View Post
Sheridan L., I'm selling my house here in Silverthorne...in snowy, crowded summit county in June, and moving to Canyon City. It's already a sweet little spot and perched to grow...not that I'd care about that. I'm weary from continual growth, growth, growth, more, more, more. PROGRESS! ugh But, maybe you're right...why sing its praises here and entice more people to move there. Ha ha. I lived in Westcliffe ten years. I feel like I'm too old to move back there...71 and single...since it does require beautiful canyon drives to get most anywhere and medical facilities just don't exist there. Still, I love Westcliffe. Looking forward to Canyon though! But I'd never consider living in Pueblo. I would actually leave my beloved Colorado before living in Pueblo. sorry!
It's, Cañon, not Canyon, FYI. It's the Spanish spelling, with a Tilde over the N.

Old 02-17-2019, 06:59 AM

6,825 posts, read 10,528,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanek9freak View Post
It's, Cañon, not Canyon, FYI. It's the Spanish spelling, with a Tilde over the N.
I think most people don't know how to type it even if they know how to spell it, so when typing they resort to an alternative.

Old 02-17-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otowi View Post
I think most people don't know how to type it even if they know how to spell it, so when typing they resort to an alternative.
"most people?":

I was going to ignore "anyam22"'s post until yours with "most people." His/her post is obviously to KNOCK Pueblo with its' last sentence. This person loves living in the "middle of nowhere" and is probably a "short-fingered vulgarian" voter. Even with the misspelling of Canon a conservative voter "could care less" as my mother used to say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado