Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2007, 05:58 PM

10 posts, read 36,174 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! What an amazing resource!

I will be graduating with a degree in Elementary Ed as well as Learning Disabilities from Wisconsin in May. I absolutely love Colorado. I work at a summer camp down in Deckers during the summer, and can't wait to move out there for good... Heres where you come in, I need some advice..

WHERE?! I am a 24 yr old single lady so meeting people and socializing is important

What do the..or lack of job opportunities look like?
Not knowing the principals and not being from Co may be a disadvantage, but how much of a disadvantage?

Is it unrealistic to live in Denver affordably? Apartment style

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2007, 09:05 PM

648 posts, read 2,941,164 times
Hey there-

To be honest w/ you.. Denver is more expensive. I would look into the smaller cities, Colorado Springs, Parker, Ft. Collins, etc. I don't think you will have any issues. Just pick a couple cities, look up their districts on www.greatschools.net and start applying. It will work out! bashep

Old 02-26-2007, 09:15 PM

426 posts, read 1,736,574 times
Denver really isn't that much more expensive than Milwaukee or Madison. I live in Madison, and when you take into account property taxes, etc- Denver isn't probably THAT much more expensive.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:22 PM

10 posts, read 36,174 times
what is parker like as far as night life? how far is it from denver and fort collins?

also comfortablynumb, i see you grew up in oshkosh-- as did i! small world!

Old 02-27-2007, 10:13 PM

2,756 posts, read 12,979,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlj View Post
what is parker like as far as night life?
There is no night life in Parker. Think tract homes, strip malls, and big box stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dahlj View Post
how far is it from denver and fort collins?
Very far from Fort Collins since FC is on the opposite side of Denver -- say about 90 minutes with no traffic. From Denver, it depends on who you ask as far as time. 26 miles as far as distance -- it's about as far out as you can get and still reasonably expect to commute into Denver.

Old 02-28-2007, 09:50 AM

585 posts, read 2,223,905 times
The front range is relatively expensive all around. Go east of I25 and it drops a bit. Denver and Boulder are a bit more pricey than the surrounding areas.

Coming from the east, prepare yourself for some possible sinus pain. It's dry around here, consider buying a humidifier. This winter has been exceptional in regards to moisture. The region is in a drought and has been getting kinda ugly in the summer. Hopefully that'll change.

Fort Collins is a great town, probably the best downtown in the state next to Denver or Boulder in terms of things to do. But like everywhere else there is tons of sprawl.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:25 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
This may sound obvious, but get a map and look at it! You will then see how far certain communities are from one another, from Denver, etc. I think most young people like to live in Denver. My daughter, a grad student at the health science center, lives near the University of Denver in a nice smallish apt building. The rents don't really seem that high compared to the rest of the metro area. Denver would also be a good idea from a job seeking point of view, as you will be in the center of the metro area. Some school districts are very competitive re: jobs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado