Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2008, 01:55 PM

26,226 posts, read 49,085,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cestahoe View Post
I was thinking of Manitou Springs, it looks like a nice town. Are there a lot of outdoor activities here? And is this an open community to gay and lesbian couples? Any information would be appreciated, thanks!
Excellent choice. Lots to do and you're right on the flank of Pikes Peak. It's really a suburb of Colorado Springs, not more than 3 miles to the east, with a fine community college and plenty of other fine colleges, like UC-CS or Colorado College (private). Come visit, you'll probably like it. It has lots of finer dining in-town and nearby in COL SPGS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2008, 02:11 PM

1,667 posts, read 4,371,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cestahoe View Post
Can't people move around these days without someone saying "oh no not another one". We all came from somewhere else at one time, trust me I've lived in a tourist town for 10yrs I've expierenced it a lot. Get over it already, you should be happy that people find a place beautiful and desirable, stop being soo negative, not cool.
Sure, but couldn't they peruse the hundreds of other posts from people asking the exact same things instead of starting new threads? That is what the 'Search' function is for, after all.

And nobody is going to 'get' Colorado until they put boots to the ground and see it for real. It's not all blue skies and John Denver songs....

Old 10-22-2008, 02:31 PM

9 posts, read 40,294 times
UUUUhhhh duh, I think we all know this. Thats what this forum is for.... asking questions about towns, geeeez.

Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 PM

9 posts, read 40,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Excellent choice. Lots to do and you're right on the flank of Pikes Peak. It's really a suburb of Colorado Springs, not more than 3 miles to the east, with a fine community college and plenty of other fine colleges, like UC-CS or Colorado College (private). Come visit, you'll probably like it. It has lots of finer dining in-town and nearby in COL SPGS.
Thank you so much Mike, sounds like a great place

Old 10-22-2008, 03:26 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,007,741 times
cestahoe...If you are an outdoorsy person who enjoys desert canyon country and magnificent red rock monuments, you might spend a few days in the Grand Junction area to check it out in person before heading over to the front range. It's on the way if you're travelling on I-70. The Grand Junction economy is still better than most other parts of Colorado.....for the time being anyway.

Old 10-22-2008, 10:05 PM

3,135 posts, read 11,901,433 times
Not sure what the rent prices are for Manitou. I live in Woodland Park, about 10 miles up the mountain from Manitou. WP seems expensive to me, but it just depends where you are coming from.

We are renting a duplex for $975 to give you an idea. It's a two bed/two bath with a two car attached garage. The owner usually has one for rent.

This seems like a good deal: (1609) Just Reduced! (http://cosprings.craigslist.org/apa/886358139.html - broken link)

Old 10-23-2008, 09:11 AM

34 posts, read 117,119 times
Default Come on

Im sorry but is this forum not people to ask relocation questions about another state? I understand that new people can search for information about " A good place to live" But I am sure when they find this site and see all the information they want to ask questions? I know I did... Just because you don't want any more people to move to Colorado does not give you a pass to be an A**.

Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM

1,904 posts, read 3,990,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Sure, but couldn't they peruse the hundreds of other posts from people asking the exact same things instead of starting new threads? That is what the 'Search' function is for, after all.

And nobody is going to 'get' Colorado until they put boots to the ground and see it for real. It's not all blue skies and John Denver songs....
If you don't like the way that he/she posted, don't bother to answer at all. As far as I know you aren't required to respond so why does it matter?

Surely, you must have better things to do - like continuing to be perfect.

Old 10-23-2008, 12:44 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,007,741 times
Speaking only for myself, most of the time my posts are helpful, informative, or humourous. Admittedly there are times however when I'm just plain bored. At those time, I'm inclined to stir the pot, with sarcasism, argumentativeness, whining, complaining etc. I'll do just about anything to alleviate my boredom.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 10-23-2008 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: correct a spelling error

Old 10-23-2008, 01:50 PM

1,667 posts, read 4,371,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicWizard View Post
Speaking only for myself, most of the time my posts are helpful, informative, or humourous. Admittedly there are times however when I'm just plain bored. At those time, I'm inclined to stir the pot, with sarcasism, argumentativeness, whining, complaining etc. I'll do just about anything to alleviate my boredom.
Exactly. Some of the newbies are so *sensitive*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado