Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 02:13 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,946,193 times

Advertisements

these pictures are so pretty! i really think i want to make a move to colorado.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM

18,229 posts, read 25,887,766 times
GREAT pics McGowdog. Just got to the house an hour ago-left Denver this morning. Colors hangin' in good. Up above Vail trees are hangin' in, like Katiana said hurry up, though! Listened to the CDOT weather report on 106.7 fm just before I got to Glenwood Canyon. Storm might hit Friday night. BTW, thanks for Coney Island!! Snarfed down many a hot dog in its day! Also loved the South Park state marker. A lot of history in that valley!

Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM

3,135 posts, read 11,904,050 times
The aspens are beautiful this year. If you are in the Springs area, drive out towards Cripple Creek and you will be in heaven. Might be the last weekend, since it will start to freeze very soon, which will knock all of the leaves off.

Old 10-08-2008, 04:14 PM

18,044 posts, read 27,497,200 times
Thanks for checking them out.

We weren't far from there really. We went east from Pueblo West through Canon City, then up that road towards Cripple Creek, but continued on to Hartsel, then to South Park, then up 285 through Bailey and Conifer, then down Turkey Creek and Deer Creek Canyon (??), then into downtown Littleton to kill some time, then went and had dinner at Northwoods Inn.

Anybody remember Northwoods Inn? I hadn't been there since they moved, 11 years ago.

Old 10-08-2008, 06:12 PM

18,229 posts, read 25,887,766 times
A person can spend weeks in South Park and not see it all. And I love the small towns, such as Como. Living in Littleton, I would go to South Park 2 or 3 times a summer for campouts. Tarryall Reservoir, Eleven Mile Reservoir, Spinney Reservoir, Jefferson Lake-love them all! The burro races they have from Fairplay to Leadville on Mosquito Pass. But man oh man don't get caught in a ground blizzard there! BTW, used to eat at Northwoods Inn once a month or so. Great steaks there!

Old 10-08-2008, 06:30 PM

The fillet is good as ever. A bit pricey, but you gotta do it once in a while.

I get that 10 oz te... NOT TO OFFEND ANY VEGETARIANS HERE!!!!!! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MEAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY IF THIS OFFENDS ANY VEGETARIANS.......... I PROMISE I WONT SHOW PICS OF A BLOODY STEAK HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, past complaints you know,

anyway 10 oz tenderloin almost too rare. But it comes on a searing hot platter, so I'll cut it and touch it to the plate to sort of sear it a bit, and mmmmmm mmmmmmmm. Good food.

Northwoods Inn. South on Santa Fe past C-470 and turn right. On right just past the gas station. Opens at 5 and I think they're closed on Monday. They have a mean prime rib too.

Old 10-09-2008, 07:53 AM

1,618 posts, read 6,620,083 times
WHat model camera are you shooting with?

Old 10-09-2008, 10:26 AM

Most of my pics are just with a 2MP EnV LG phone. I set it at 1280 x 960 so I can email the pic to my computer. If I know I'm taking a bunch of photos I could go to the highest resolution, but then I'd have to take the card out and dump them to my computer that way. I'm sure this is the best way to do it, but I'm not that serious about it.

The other run of pics in here and in the two Denver photo threads I just did; White Fence Farms/Downtown Denver pics and Denver Botanical Gardens. [Add:] my second run of photos in the Downtown Denver pics were way better than my attempt the night before. All pics were taken 33 floors up through hotel windows. I thought the second run came out pretty good considering.] You can see the superior quality of the second run of photos in each of these threads which was taken with a Fuji 5.1 MP camera. It's nothing fancy. I believe most of the shots were done at about 300K, which is twice what I use on my phone camera. I could go out to 1M or more on that camera, but it gets to be so cumbersome dealing with huge files like that.

I just like to be able to get it onto my 15" laptop screen or my 20" screen at work and be able to see some good detail. I'm not that serious into it. My friend's dad has an 8 MP camera with some attachable lenses and uses a tripod and all that stuff. He takes awesome pics, but he charges money for them too. He takes videos of rodeo and football games and stuff. He's closer to retirement than me and is pretty serious into his hobby.

I'm most inspired in here by some of your awesome shots because the pics are great and you're up doing awesome stuff in our Colorado mountains. I'm inspired by VegasPilgrims shots because he's down on the street level doing the candid "realistic" stuff that shows us what a place really looks like at a given moment. I like DenverAztec's stuff because he mixes perfect content with perfect timing. He doesn't just take a nice pic of a park covered in snow with a fantastic architecturally constructed building in the background; it's got the sun washing over the landscape in the perfect hue with the reflection of sunlight beaming from a window on the 3rd floor, which is perfectly lined with two pillars in the park's walkway.

I like to look at the pics on here and I like to see my pics on here and for others to look at them. As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words, and I'm pretty wordy.

Old 10-09-2008, 10:40 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
The fillet is good as ever. A bit pricey, but you gotta do it once in a while.

I get that 10 oz te... NOT TO OFFEND ANY VEGETARIANS HERE!!!!!! WE'RE TALKING ABOUT MEAT RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY IF THIS OFFENDS ANY VEGETARIANS.......... I PROMISE I WONT SHOW PICS OF A BLOODY STEAK HERE!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, past complaints you know,

anyway 10 oz tenderloin almost too rare. But it comes on a searing hot platter, so I'll cut it and touch it to the plate to sort of sear it a bit, and mmmmmm mmmmmmmm. Good food.

Northwoods Inn. South on Santa Fe past C-470 and turn right. On right just past the gas station. Opens at 5 and I think they're closed on Monday. They have a mean prime rib too.
To quote Clara Peller "WHERE's the Beef"

GREAT pics....ALMOST makes me homesick.....but I remember what comes AFTER fall color.....sno....snu....snoe....however you spell it

Old 10-09-2008, 12:55 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,136,984 times
McGow......either way I think we loose
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado