Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 11:34 AM

18,013 posts, read 27,460,166 times

Advertisements

Part 5 of photo tour... Between 8th and 4th Street bridge. Hope you enjoy.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 05:28 PM

911 posts, read 2,155,714 times
holy graffiti! not like the ug-lay graffiti in Detroit.. there's this one that said "We Just Like To Breed SINGLE" lol hmmmm....

Old 01-07-2009, 01:54 PM

Oh wow! Thx 4 checkin' out the photos. I missed this one. Those dorks that say that don't think it's so cool when the lose their license and get their minimum wage garnished.

I here there are 3 distinct types of graffiti. Those who get to do public service know how to make it disappear. I had a friend who moved back to Santa Fe who used to work here in town at Concerned Parents. Maybe they'll open shop again one day, but they used to clean the stuff up all over town.

But that pic I took there, I'd call that art.

Old 01-07-2009, 04:16 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,196,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
But that pic I took there, I'd call that art.
I would too, and it's an even bet that a European (or someone who lived in Europe like a GI's kid) did it. I see that style all over Germany. I did a photo safari a couple of years back documenting graffiti in the Rhine river valley on bridges and along train routes. Impressive art in many cases, but almost always interesting

Old 01-07-2009, 07:24 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
I eat at the city diner a lot, great place for lunch...... And nice pice of the springs sewage outflow errr Fountain river!

Old 02-03-2012, 04:57 PM

12,262 posts, read 24,459,644 times
Pueblo's east side made the Colorado’s most endangered places list on Thursday by Colorado Preservation Inc. They selected six sights out of 30. The criteria they used was: threats to the historic sites are demolition, neglect, natural forces, land value fluctuations and unsympathetic owners, according to the organization.

I agree with this. The east side is defiantly a side of town that is looked over in Pueblo but if it was to be redeveloped would be a gem. Hopefully they can work with Pueblo to help fix up that part of town.
This is from the Denver Post:

The Historic Eastside Neighborhood Pueblo, Pueblo County Historic Designation: None Named to the 2012 Colorado Preservation Inc. list of endangered places. The Historic Eastside Neighborhood in Pueblo is part of the larger Eastside neighborhood, but focuses on the residential and commercial district that was largely developed between 1880 and 1940. The neighborhood is physically separated from the rest of Pueblo by Fountain Creek and has historically been home to a mix of classes and ethnicities. In financial decline since the 1980s, the Eastside neighborhood is now 80% Hispanic and suffers from a lack of public amenities found in wealthier Pueblo neighborhoods. The historic Eastside features a wide range of architectural styles, including a highly unusual proliferation of Princess Ann style cottages with canted entrances, but the one commonality is that many of the historic homes are in poor condition. The Eastside neighborhood suffers from a negative perception and the subsequent disinvestment has been disastrous. Vacancy rates are high, and many of the houses and businesses that are occupied suffer from deferred maintenance. Homes in the Historic Eastside neighborhood can be purchased for as little as $10,000. City Officials have recognized the importance of the neighborhood and hired a planner to focus specifically on the Eastside neighborhood, with particular attention on economic development issues. A historic context report of the neighborhood (A Place Set Apart: The History and Architecture of Pueblo’s East Side Neighborhood) was published in 2009 and has increased awareness of the historic significance of the neighborhood. Recent focus has centered on the “Little Red House” and the neighboring community garden, a series of terrace block apartment buildings that have been rehabbed by the Housing

Read more: Photos: Colorado's Most Endangered Places | Denver Post Media Center — Denver, Colorado, Photos and Video

Old 02-03-2012, 07:16 PM

5,296 posts, read 7,236,080 times
^^I had an Aunt who taught at the school in Brush for many years. I visited the school a long time ago, sad to see it is in a sad state.
She lived in Hillrose, that had a large school at one time, it is gone for sometime now.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Hollah! City of Squallah!

There's some renovation going on just east of Glendale on 4th that looks promising.

There's some tool supply place or something called Rampart in the old Rainbow Bread building on Chester and 4th.

You've got Tote Gote, J&Js meats, Vazques which replaced Aldolfos and is pretty good, another takeout mom&pop Mexican restaurant just east of there that is darned good, and a Mexican Food grocery store there just east of Fountain and 4th... the Chop Shop was right there.... Grizzly, RIP.

Then there's a really nice little takeout Mexican food place just south and east of 4th and Troy across the street from a Loaf n Jug that has really good gorditas (forget everything you ever knew about Taco Bell) and they have authentic local stuff like crispy pork feet and other stuff I can't pronounce. Then across the street from there... on the north side of 4th, is a really good radiator shop.

The east side has a few hidden gems for sure.

But I'd like to give a shout out for the Mesa and Blende area just south of here on Santa Fe road or Business 50 as you get further east. Another thread for another day.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:04 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,310,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josseppie View Post
Pueblo's east side made the Colorado’s most endangered places list on Thursday by Colorado Preservation Inc. They selected six sights out of 30. The criteria they used was: threats to the historic sites are demolition, neglect, natural forces, land value fluctuations and unsympathetic owners, according to the organization.

I agree with this. The east side is defiantly a side of town that is looked over in Pueblo but if it was to be redeveloped would be a gem. Hopefully they can work with Pueblo to help fix up that part of town.
This is from the Denver Post:

The Historic Eastside Neighborhood Pueblo, Pueblo County Historic Designation: None Named to the 2012 Colorado Preservation Inc. list of endangered places. The Historic Eastside Neighborhood in Pueblo is part of the larger Eastside neighborhood, but focuses on the residential and commercial district that was largely developed between 1880 and 1940. The neighborhood is physically separated from the rest of Pueblo by Fountain Creek and has historically been home to a mix of classes and ethnicities. In financial decline since the 1980s, the Eastside neighborhood is now 80% Hispanic and suffers from a lack of public amenities found in wealthier Pueblo neighborhoods. The historic Eastside features a wide range of architectural styles, including a highly unusual proliferation of Princess Ann style cottages with canted entrances, but the one commonality is that many of the historic homes are in poor condition. The Eastside neighborhood suffers from a negative perception and the subsequent disinvestment has been disastrous. Vacancy rates are high, and many of the houses and businesses that are occupied suffer from deferred maintenance. Homes in the Historic Eastside neighborhood can be purchased for as little as $10,000. City Officials have recognized the importance of the neighborhood and hired a planner to focus specifically on the Eastside neighborhood, with particular attention on economic development issues. A historic context report of the neighborhood (A Place Set Apart: The History and Architecture of Pueblo’s East Side Neighborhood) was published in 2009 and has increased awareness of the historic significance of the neighborhood. Recent focus has centered on the “Little Red House” and the neighboring community garden, a series of terrace block apartment buildings that have been rehabbed by the Housing

I've driven around downtown Pueblo several times now, and after seeing all the empty buildings and store fronts, I think one of the best things that could happen is downsizing downtown...by perhaps 25%...concentrating businesses in other sections...and then opening up the freed blocks to building residential housing, etc.

Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 PM

839 posts, read 2,416,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Hollah! City of Squallah!

There's some tool supply place or something called Rampart.
It's Rampart supply. They are a local plumbing wholesale supply company. They have branches in Colorado Springs and Denver as well. They go back a long time in the Springs.

I was thrilled to hear they opened up in Pueblo, especially in this economy. Of all the plumbing supply houses, Rampart was always my favorite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado