Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 AM

1 posts, read 8,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysam View Post
I won't "blast" but c'mon? What is the fun in shooting living creatures and ending their lives? It's pretty morbid to me.
For one thing they are nasty little vermin that carry lots of diseases like
bubonic plague !

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2009, 09:43 AM

149 posts, read 686,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbelder View Post
For one thing they are nasty little vermin that carry lots of diseases like
bubonic plague !

I don't think luckysam was asking why they deserve to be killed, I think the question was...why do people find it FUN to kill them, or other living creatures for that matter?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:57 AM

1,667 posts, read 4,371,160 times
It's called being a human. Collectively, we tend to destroy things in many different ways...sometimes for fun, sometimes unknowingly by our own blind ambitions...etc.

Personally, I enjoy destroying vermin and to be doing it for a reason (disease, livestock, and garden protection)

Old 01-09-2009, 10:48 PM

566 posts, read 1,940,592 times
They are a big nuisance to ranchers. Then again there are those who think that people should not eat meat so it's tough bananas for the ranchers. Further there are those who see all life forms as having rights equal to humans. I heard that Switzerland made a proclimation that flowers have a right to live. Therefore they have asked people not to pick flowers unless it is for a good reason. Hard to believe some of the silliness today's world.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:56 PM

123 posts, read 525,194 times
We used to go to Crook in NE Colorado up by the Nebraska border. It's BLM land, and there are thousands of the little bastards. Just watch out for the rattlesnakes!! Gotta love the pink mist..

Old 01-09-2009, 11:18 PM

18,037 posts, read 27,488,141 times
Attitudes aside, there is a time and a place to eliminate the things from certain areas. The Colorado Division of Wildlife encourages it.

If you want to shoot em' there's many places out in eastern Colorado, as was suggested earlier, that you can do such. The farms from Brandon to Arapahoe and Cheyenne Wells comes to mind.

If you're in anyway offended by the shooting of prairie dogs, you ought to save your energy and stay out of this thread and don't waste your energy flaming this one. You could do somehthing constructive like start your own thread and call it; More Humane Ways to Displace Prairie Dogs.

Old 01-10-2009, 12:34 PM

2,221 posts, read 5,295,017 times
When I hit one with a shot from my 25-06, it makes a pretty pink cloud. "Poof"

That's much more pleasant than having to shoot a horse in the head after it breaks its leg in one of their blasted burrows.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:36 AM

1 posts, read 8,292 times
Default Prairie Dog Hunting

I'm looking for a good place to go shoot some prairie dogs along the Kansas Colorado border. I believe there use to be some dog towns around Springfield Co. but was told that those dogs were poisoned. Does anyone know if this is true or if there are still thousands of them running around out there.... I don't need a guide just pointed in the right direction, i don't have a problem talking to land owners i'm just wanting to find out where to begin. Thanks

Old 02-11-2009, 11:50 AM

2,437 posts, read 8,187,854 times
Aren't they everywhere out there? I doubt many will raise a ruckus if you go out there and cull some prairie dogs.

Old 02-11-2009, 01:33 PM

1,331 posts, read 5,085,557 times
Geez...this is a very weird type of question!!!
I am licensed to poison all weeds and small animals but,......i won't.
I guess you should contact the Department of Agriculture.
IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado