Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2006, 07:54 PM

11 posts, read 46,905 times

Advertisements

We are moving out of California and have been considering moving to Idaho but now how some family moving to Colorado. We are very interested in any information that you can give us on the schools in Colorado. I have one child going into the 5th grade and one starting High School. Can anyone give me information on what some of the best schools are in CO and what cities they are in. Thank you very much for any input!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2006, 10:37 PM

1,088 posts, read 6,346,431 times
I can only vouch for denver area school but the best three school districts are Douglas County Schools, Boulder County Schools and Cherry Creek School District. With the exception of the Overland area in Cherry Creek, any of the schools in these districts are very good. Other areas which have good schools include Jeffco schools Chatfield, Columbine, Dakota Ridge, Ralston Valley or D'Evelyn. Bearcreek is decent but can be sketchy. Those are all the areas with good suburban schools, the best city schools are East or George Washington in Denver. The problem with these schools are their traditional feeders are not good. However, if you live in Denver you can take advantage of their open enrollment policy and send your younger child to a different elementary and middle school. The good elementary schools are Slavens, Cory or Holm. The best middle schools are Place, Hamilton or Merrill. Any of the these school are as good or better then the suburban schools because there is a lot of money in the city. It just depends on what kind of school you are looking for. I hope this gives you something to go on.

Old 05-31-2006, 02:28 PM

16 posts, read 151,660 times
We just moved from Highlands Ranch (Douglas County) and we were surrounded by some of the best schools in the state. I think most of the elementary schools in Douglas County are year round too... might want to keep this in mind. Hope that helps a little.

Old 06-07-2006, 09:00 PM

We are looking at Broomfield or Westminster area. I read the first reply on here, but would anyone have any information on the schools in this area. When I look at some MLS listings, I find some homes in Broomfield county, but that was not mentioned in the first reply. I checked out the Douglas County school district website and it lists some of the schools in that district. My main concern here is to find a good schools. Any more help for schools in the Broomfield or Westminster area? Thanks for any help!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:07 PM

11,836 posts, read 34,475,562 times
http://colorado.gov/colorado-how-do-...c-schools.html

Old 06-14-2006, 06:45 PM

648 posts, read 2,943,057 times
I live in Colorado Springs, I am thrilled w/ the schools down here. If you are interested in moving down here or in the Monument area, I can give you some info. Shep

Old 06-15-2006, 05:18 AM

Shep...I would be very interested in any info you have on schools for Colorado Springs. My main concern is the high school, getting the best one. I also have one going into the 5th grade. We actually chose the house we are in now because of the schools and probably will do the same in CO. If you could give me areas along with the names of the school it will help me out while I'm still in CA.....Thanks!

Old 06-15-2006, 12:34 PM

6 posts, read 30,058 times
Here is a great site to compare schools:
http://reportcard.cde.state.co.us/reportcard/CommandHandler.jsp (broken link)

And this one lets you search by many different criteria:
http://nces.ed.gov/globallocator/

Old 06-15-2006, 08:40 PM

11,836 posts, read 34,475,562 times
By far the best schools systems in the state are in the Metro Denver Area. All public schools are rated by the state. Cherry Creek & Douglas County are highly rated and more afforable than Boulder. e me and i can set up a comparison report with your current school district & a couple here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado