Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 5,388 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me how the rental housing market is in Trinidad? Thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2009, 01:30 AM

858 posts, read 1,503,308 times
Didn't read the thread but apparently one of my great grandparents used to own one of the original pool halls in Trinidad way back in the day... If anyone that lives in Trinidad knows anyone by the last name of Gembrin or Gembrini, please PM me. Thanks!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:40 AM

91 posts, read 245,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtdrury View Post
Can anyone tell me how the rental housing market is in Trinidad? Thanks a bunch!

The rental market can be sporadic from what I see in the papers. One week there can be alot to pick from (like this week) the next week nothing. I hear that alot of the gas drilling guys will grab them up. You will find a wide variety of prices anything from $500/month to $1500 There are alot of great homes in Trinidad mostly older homes

Old 10-04-2009, 12:19 PM

2 posts, read 5,388 times
Thanks cisco! Yes, you are right. In fact I am getting the Chronicle online and looking at ads daily and and there are a variety of homes there. Thanks again. Bill

Old 10-04-2009, 01:20 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,762,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcol View Post
There was a town flooded (can't remember the name now) to
make the Trinidad Lake (beautiful drive). Underneath the
Mullare Murphy Funeral Home there is an old bowling alley.
The Ludlow Massacre is a very interesting story. Between
Trinidad and Raton are old coal mining towns, since deserted.
I have friend in Trinidad who is a vet if you need
me to recommend one, as I sure do miss his services
and prices here! If I think of anything else I'll let you know.
I lived in Trinidad during your purchase of the stations. Small world!
When the dam was built for Trinidad Lake, five tiny communities had to be moved: Sopris, Sopris Plaza, Viola, Piedmont, and St. Thomas.

What I love most about Trinidad are the beautiful, historic buildings. Trinidad is about as laid-back as a town can get. It has a special multicultural, gender fair flavor of hispanic, italian, anglo, and of course trans-gender. It is, however, a depressed area and in need of saving those historic buildings.

Old 10-04-2009, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 12,294 times
Crackerjack
I can confirm alot of what these people say about Trinidad, CO., Live in Raton NM but my husband and I work both in Raton and Trinidad. As a Realtor I can supply info you'd like to have - I like Trinidad for its "adventurous" side, close proximity to airports in CO Springs and Denver, as well as Albq, NM. Shopping in Pueblo is satisfactory. Nothing fancy schmancy at all; very laid back socially but alot of transplants coming from all over for the very affordable land and mountain views of the Sangre de Cristo's.
Can also give insight to you from my perspective as a fairly new resident of only 6 years in this area.

Old 10-04-2009, 03:01 PM

246 posts, read 629,957 times
Hi Bongo! Did we know each other then?
Sopris was the town I was trying to think of, thanks!

Wonder how Debbie liked her trip to the area? Maybe I
missed something somewhere........

Old 11-09-2009, 12:03 PM

1,789 posts, read 4,349,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticLady1 View Post
Could anyone tell me something about southern Colorado/Trinidad? I was raised in Wyoming, so I have been in all the western states, but it would be helpful to have a better idea about this particular area. Also, could I have your opinions on the differences, (good and bad), between Colorado and New Mexico? Thanks so much!

I just spent a few weeks in that area and loved it. I wouldn't look for a job in the area being I saw some nice restraurants going out of business. I talked to lots of locals and they have felt the recession. Now, the bed and breakfast I stayed at seemed pretty full each night and considering it was off season I was impressed. I looked at land in the area and am interested in the area as a retirement place. The farmers market was very good. Close to lots of stuff we like, camping, boating, fishing, hunting, etc.... close to tows we like Taos, Chama (NM), Santa Fe is a few hours but your about an hour I guess from Pueblo (not too impressed with that city but it has medical and Sams)

Old 01-12-2010, 06:30 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,349,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnhouse View Post
Crackerjack
I can confirm alot of what these people say about Trinidad, CO., Live in Raton NM but my husband and I work both in Raton and Trinidad. As a Realtor I can supply info you'd like to have - I like Trinidad for its "adventurous" side, close proximity to airports in CO Springs and Denver, as well as Albq, NM. Shopping in Pueblo is satisfactory. Nothing fancy schmancy at all; very laid back socially but alot of transplants coming from all over for the very affordable land and mountain views of the Sangre de Cristo's.
Can also give insight to you from my perspective as a fairly new resident of only 6 years in this area.

Can you tell me about those 35 acre parcel on the Santa Fe Trail, coming down the Raton pass? Do retires from other States retire in that area. If so, how do they fair. Now, I have lived in mountains before so that part or the snow, etc. doesn't phase me but I do wonder about meeting and getting to know people when and if we move there. Were looking at a retirement place and will be selling a ranch in Eastern OK at present. Any information will be appreciated.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:05 AM

14,129 posts, read 31,291,520 times
Suggest you DM that question to Jazzlover. He's very knowledgeable about land scams around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado