Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Moving to Colorado: realtor, utility providers, housing, infrastructure, find a job.

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 10:59 PM

648 posts, read 2,942,084 times

Advertisements

Aussie Lover-

First off, Welcome to Colorado!

In defense of your realtor. By law, realtors cannot tell you what is a good school district, area of town, great for families or anything. It is called "steering" and they can lose their license. So it may not be that your realtor is not doing a good job for you. I am guessing he/she is taking your wants and showing you the different parts of towns and letting you make the decision.

Also, yes Sand Creek is busting at it's seems. However, in the Ridgeview at Stetson Hills area (Dublin and Powers), they are building a brand new High School and it will be open in the Fall.

Hope this helps!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 PM

8 posts, read 34,710 times
There's a new development at Marksheffel and Fontaine called Lorson Ranch. You get a great view, nice open space without the constant breeze you get from farther out east. It's a straight shot up Marksheffel or Powers to make your way to Shriever.

[ mod cut ]

Last edited by Mike from back east; 12-31-2007 at 02:27 PM.. Reason: Affiliated or not, any advertising of firms is prohibited by TOS.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:00 PM

1,938 posts, read 7,129,784 times
Does anyone know the home builder(s) coming to Lorson Ranch?
FYI for out of towners- an Extreme Makeover Home went up there and the development borders a golf course.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:03 PM

648 posts, read 2,942,084 times
There are 4 builders that have invested in the lots so far they include Pulte Homes, Lennar Homes, K.B. Homes and St. Andrews Homes. Here is the link to the developers website. http://www.landhuisco.com/show_land.php?prop=13
However, more builders may have invested into the lots, the information I found was dated back to August of 2005.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,852 times
All I have to say is that I hope everyone keeps moving up to Dist #20... I live behind the airport where it is peaceful quiet, close to shriever but everyone wants to live up north.. I was almost born here , I have been here since I was 2 1/2 years old and have been here in Colorado Springs for 43 years and never moved out.. ever.. I can't find a job for the last year and there are so many people here from other parts of the country.. not to say its not nice, but everyone else from different parts say it is less expensive than CA.. but let me tell you 15 years ago we bought our house nearly 1/2 as much as what they are charging now and still making the same of amount of money at our jobs as we were years ago.. so .. I guess it really depends on where you came from, what you do for a living and what you want to look like to society.. I am telling you it is so peaceful, quiet, and safer here on the south east side of town, kids are bussed to school and it is Dist #3.. but you have your problems in school districts whereever you go.. ?? Your choice but welcome to my town...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs