Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2012, 11:34 AM

18 posts, read 44,795 times

Advertisements

I am a disabled lady that just hit 60 and I must find a home, a good home, for my 5 year old white German Shepherd. I say he is needy because they say he has allergies and he has the start of hip Dysplasia. The hip problem is pretty common in these dogs. He does well with the hip medication but I can't afford meds or the trip to the vet once or twice a year.

He stays in the house a good deal of the time, especially if its cold. He gets along with my female mutt but has had issues with other dogs over the years. He also gets along with cats, once both get used to the other. He is purebred, although I never registered him. He is neutered. He is a loving fellow but I am in no shape to walk, train, or pay for the meds he needs. He loves people and attention.

I am moving from a very rural area to a Denver apt this summer and I can't take him. I just want to give him to someone who will love the guy and be good to him.
I would deliver him and let you have a trial run to see if he is a fit for you.

Give me a shout if you or someone you know might want a buddy. He would be good for family or 1-2 people.
earthchoices@gmail.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 07:57 PM

1,904 posts, read 3,988,497 times
Please contact a German Shepard rescue organization. Here are a couple of examples. I am not affiliated with them nor do I know anything about them but they will help find the best home for your dog. They may be able to work with you if they are not convenient to where you live.

German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado

German Shepherd Rescue of the Rockies

German Shepherd Rescue Colorado - Best Guide To German Shepherd Rescue

Old 04-10-2012, 11:00 AM

641 posts, read 2,276,853 times
If you haven't already, you can also post to Craigslists.

Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 PM

3 posts, read 10,398 times
Don't post to animals to Craigs list - terrible things can happen to them. Google it

Used to "live train" fighting dogs. The animal you expected to be a pet is used to bait a fighting dog and is literally torn to pieces.
Sold at Flea Markets or Auctions to anybody who happens along. Most of the time these animals are neglected, kept in cramped, unsanitary conditions and often become sick and diseased.
Sold to a Class-B Dealer, who resells the animal to a research facility. People who practice the despicable act of rounding up strays to sell them are referred to as "Bunchers". At the research facility, the animal may suffer abuse and most likely will be euthanized after they are finished with him or her.
Used for breeding stock in a "Puppy Mill". The living conditions in most of these establishments are deplorable. These dogs are forced to have continuous litters, one after another.
Used as live food or bait for exotics like snakes or alligators.
Sacrificed in cult rituals. Some people find this hard to believe, but the FBI has many files documenting this kind of activity in our country.

Old 05-31-2012, 11:05 AM

18 posts, read 44,795 times
Default don't post to craigs List

I own the White German Shepherd.

I'm sure all those things can happen if you give an animal up to a stranger. I still am trying to re-home my dog, but running out of time and worried to death.

The people that have contacted me had to have a very good story and I will take the dog to them. I have to see they yard and other animals. I can't give my buddy up to anyone.

I did contact the shepherd rescues, but they don't answer. I've contacted 3 of them more than once.

if anyone has any good ideas, please let me know.

Kathy

Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 AM

1,538 posts, read 2,305,210 times
Contact Front Range German Shepherd Rescue if you have not already. Also there is a rescue specifically for white shepherds called Snow Capped Shepherds in Littleton I believe. Google them, they both have websites. Rescues are run by volunteers so it can take some time to get back to you.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:04 AM

4,922 posts, read 8,573,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by colobeth View Post
I am a disabled lady that just hit 60 and I must find a home, a good home, for my 5 year old white German Shepherd. I say he is needy because they say he has allergies and he has the start of hip Dysplasia. The hip problem is pretty common in these dogs. He does well with the hip medication but I can't afford meds or the trip to the vet once or twice a year.

He stays in the house a good deal of the time, especially if its cold. He gets along with my female mutt but has had issues with other dogs over the years. He also gets along with cats, once both get used to the other. He is purebred, although I never registered him. He is neutered. He is a loving fellow but I am in no shape to walk, train, or pay for the meds he needs. He loves people and attention.

I am moving from a very rural area to a Denver apt this summer and I can't take him. I just want to give him to someone who will love the guy and be good to him.
I would deliver him and let you have a trial run to see if he is a fit for you.

Give me a shout if you or someone you know might want a buddy. He would be good for family or 1-2 people.
earthchoices@gmail.com
http://www.snowcappedshepherdrescue.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Colorado > Colorado Springs