Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2008, 09:33 AM

67 posts, read 331,426 times

Advertisements

Hello all

I work full-time and have a 9 year old son, so I really can't find the time to go on campus. I started searching for accredited online colleges and came across Penn Foster. I am not 100% sure about this college. I am wondering if I should obtain an associates degree in business from them. I have not been able to find any reviews on them and neither do I know anyone who completed their program or even graduate. Is there anyone here who can help me out with this? I did check other online colleges and they are indeed very costly. Penn Foster I find to be quite reasonable. But I need to gather as much information as possible before I can consider registering. Also if there are any cost-friendly online colleges that you have in mind, please feel free to pass on the info. I will look into it. Right now, I need a change of career, I need job security and a brighter future and I really need to start college as soon as I can. Please advice me.

Thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2008, 10:02 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,246,631 times
I am sure that you can find some kind of review or opinion regarding Penn Foster somewhere on the web. I just found a few myself.

If you are looking for an associates degree, have you looked into a community college? Most CC's offer an A.A. in business and often times courses can be taken in the evenings, weekends and/or online.

Old 07-26-2009, 01:30 PM

1 posts, read 6,432 times
I did the Penn Foster High School Diploma program in 9 months. I was very happy with the program and I am looking into the Medical Transcriptionists Certificate program they have. I would only do the Penn Foster programs simply because they work with you, you do them in your own time, and they are easy to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities